Need some help!

(Nancy) #1

I have been doing Keto now for 4 months to get healthy and lose weight. I did lose 10 pounds the first month but since then I have been on a plateau. I also have read the Obesity Code and listened to many of the 2 Keto Dude podcasts. I also track my macros and calories on MFP. I just can’t seem to break this plateau. My net carbs are under 20. I follow the e75%-20%-5% recommendation. Just at a loss. I am 66 years old and a woman so I know that my metabolism is not what it used to be. I followed Dr. Diet’s menu for 2 weeks and lost 5 pounds. I really am looking for a plan that spells out exactly what to eat. I think I need that structure. Any ideas?

(Omar) #2

did you try any IF

just a thought. maybe you want to have your fasting
insulin level tested

(Nancy) #3

I had a blood work up in January and nothing is listed for insulin. My number for fasting glucose was 104. I am due to go back, because of cholesterol, in July and will request that this be done. I had only been doing Keto for a week prior to the blood test. My bad cholesterol did drop into a “normal” range but the glucose did not. Thank you for the suggestion.

(Candy Lind) #4

How much are you eating calorie-wise? Can you provide height/weight? I bet you’re not eating enough (I win a lot of these bets).

I am 62, hormone-deranged. Currently 5-5 and 230 pounds. Look up sedentary in the dictionary and there’s my picture! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I eat 13-1500 calories a day. I started out with the “CICO mentality” because that’s where I’d been for 50 years. Once I started trusting the process, I increased my calories and a very long plateau ended. A month later, I increased calories again (keeping that 70% fat ratio) and the scale dropped again.

BTW, have you visited the “Vintage Ladies Keto Klub?” You’re welcome any time!

(Nancy) #5

I am 5’6” and weigh 189. I eat around 1200 calories a day. I find when I eat 1400 or more I gain. 1200 I maintain. If I eat 1000 I lose weight. I keep my carbs around 15 g. I know my protein can be higher than it should at times but usually I maintain a 5% carbs 75% fat and 20% protein. It is just very frustrating to be so consistent with the Keto WOL and not be able to lose weight. I do go to the gym 4 times a week to do upper body and some cardio. I do love this WOE as I feel really good and my brain is definitely less foggy. Just would love to lose 30 pound.

(Candy Lind) #6

The two big questions - well, maybe 3, are:

• Do you feel fat-adapted (have you been keto long enough to be fat-adapted?)?
  • Have you ever done keto WITHOUT counting calories (because honestly, CICO is BS)?
  • And the big one: are you ever hungry between meals?

You answer those 3 questions, then I’ll tell you why I asked them and make some suggestions.

(Nancy) #7

I have been doing keto since January 22. How do you know if you are fat adapted? I have tried not counting calories but I use MFP so that I can track macros and that does count calories.

(Nancy) #8

Oh, I am not hungry between meals which is great.