Need list of Carnivore friendly high quality supplements

(Randy Ward) #1

Yes, I know that ‘most’ people don’t need supplements on Carnivore. Unfortunately, I’m not most people. I have some other health issues that require high doses of certain supplements. These doses are higher than what I can get from carnivore diet. My issue with supplements is that most of them have a vegan cellulose capsule/caplet or other plant ingredients. I’d like to find sources that have no plant materials in them. Here is a list of what I would like to find:

1. High concentration quality fish oil.
  2. Vitamin C
  3. Methylfolate
  4. B100 complex
  5. Vitamin D3
  6. Ubiquenol (at least 200 mg per day)

If anyone wants to discuss why I need these supplements, I’m more than happy to share my health issues. I don’t want to dump all that on here unless someone wants to know. If you know trusted carnivore friendly sources for the listed supplements above, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks,

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Most carnivores make exceptions for medications, allowing them even if plant-based. I doubt you are going to find totally plant-free supplements. Unless you cannot tolerate even the very small amount of plant items a pill would contain, you probably don’t need to worry about it.

(Michael) #3

I looked for a while for different supplements without any vegetable coating, and they were hard to find. I was able to get quite a few items as pure chemicals, search for the chemical composition instead of a brand name. You might find some of those in pure powder form, particularly from chemical manufacturers. Having said this, a 10 second search for pure bulk and vitamin C gave this link:
https://purebulk.com/products/ascorbic-acid-vitamin-c . I got a few things from pure bulk before (do not remember which now).

(Randy Ward) #4

Thank you Michael.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #5

Checked all my supplement bottles and two may be of interest for others if not for you.

Now High Potency Vitamin D-3 1000 IU derives its D-3 from lanolin, suspends it in extra virgin olive oil, and the capsules are bovine gelatin, glycerin, and water.

Innovix Labs Full Spectrum Vitamin K-2 suspends it in extra virgin olive oil, and includes medium chain triglyceride oil, gelatin, glycerin, purified water, and carob color.

Beyond this, good luck, because most everything contains some sort of vegetable coating, not just for convenience and low expense but because it’s necessary to safely deliver the potentially irritating contents past the esophagus.

(Scott) #6

I am carnivore for two years now. I don’t do organ meat, should I expect to be deficient in anything?
To the OP, unless it is allergy related the amount in a pill is irrelevant. I often will steal a chip or fry off my wife’s plate.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

My understanding is that many long-term carnivores don’t eat organ meat, either, with no discernible I’ll effects

(Bob M) #8

Which I think is odd, considering that our ancestors supposedly ate the offal first.

I still eat heart, liver, etc. Would eat brain if I could find some.

On the other hand, there’s only so much liver I can eat at one time. 8 ounces is about the max.

Though with all the carnivores that are turning to carnivore + honey + fruit, I wonder if something might be missing from a meat-only carnivore diet? Then again, several of the people who turned to those also ate nose-to-tail.

But I think if we’re going to kill an animal, it’d be better if did eat nose to tail. Much less “waste” per human that way. (Though I assume there’s some market for the liver, heart, etc.?)

(Joey) #9

[Sorry; feeling like a wag today.]

In response to PETA & ASPCA fans, the purpose of carnivore-friendly supplements is to ensure that some animals were harmed in the manufacture of the pill.

[Sorry, again]

(Robin) #11

Hi. Welcome to the forum. You happened to comment in one of our older threads. So you may want to check out the more current conversations going on now.