Need help reading nutrition values

(Jamie) #1

With these wraps, do i read them as 11.4 carbs each, or 4.2. Just confused since it doesn’t state if net carbs or not.

Thanks !

Just based on the fact that those tortillas say “low carb” I’m going to assume it’s 4.2 net carbs each. But someone else can chime in and correct me if I’m wrong.

(Jamie) #3

I was assuming the same, but not sure. Thanks

(Brandy) #4

Yes, it’s 4.2.

(Troy) #5

I would Like to add
Definitely take a look at the other ingredients as well
Some interesting additions I might say

Just more of an FYI🙂
And too each their own

(Ron) #6

I used to use those but they would spike my blood sugar levels so I had to stop.

If Australia uses EU way of calculating nutrional values, one tortilla has 11.4g of carbs…ingredients are, IMHO, awful, flour and vegetable oil :frowning:

(UsedToBeT2D) #8

How are net carb calculated?
Total carbs + sugar - protein?

(Allie) #9

Total carbs less fiber

(bulkbiker) #10

11.3g of carbs per serving… the fibre is listed separately so should not be deducted from the carb count
They are 23.5% carb

(Jamie) #11

Thanks all!
So if fiber is listed separately it shouldn’t be deducted ?

Umm… I’m a newbie and also wanting to confirm how to calculate net carbs (as per the original question)… Is your answer in relation to net carbs or total carbs Mark? I thought we deducted fibre from total carbs to calculate net carbs? :thinking:

(Brandy) #13

I didn’t understand when I answered that this was an Australian label. Here’s an easy reference article:

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #14

Even if the net carbs are 4.3g, how do they get .4g sugars out of that?

(Troy) #15

All those ingredient label numbers
It’s a numbers game I guess
I’ll play😄

Who knew
Interesting

Sweetener- 955 = Sucralose

I googled - Australia is the same as EU, we write net carbs as carbs and fiber is a separate value, so 1 wrap has 18.4 total carbs.
Based on the ingredients and the fact that it’s processed, I would count total carbs…our body’s not stupid, there isn’t any fiber in those wraps. :wink:
Oh, and I saw soy…yuck.

(Jamie) #17

ahh i now know not to exclude fibre from carbs…
I had two wraps yesterday thinking was staying under… damnit… I miss bread so bad… hahah
Thanks all !!

You have sooooo many better options that are much lower in carbs, come close enough to looking and tasting like bread and you can make it at home (you know which ingredients you’re using…).

(Allie) #19

Just an example, there’s loads of options to make your own which would be loads better.

(bulkbiker) #20

If you are in the USA then you subtract fibre from total carbs to get net carbs

In the rest of the civilised world carb count excludes fibre.

So far as I know Australia (like the UK) list carbs and fibre separately so no subtraction is required.