Need a sanity Check to see if I am starting right

I started 2 days ago and here is what I have eaten and I wanted someone to tell me if I am on track or not.

Day 1: Breakfast: 1/4 C Cashews, Lunch: 2 eggs, 1 tortilla (16g carb), 3 oz Chicken, 1 Tablespoon Mayo, 3 grapes, Dinner: 3 Lamb Chops, 1 C cooked spinach with cream cheese and Heavy Cream.

Day 2: 3 eggs scrambled in bacon grease, 3 mushrooms sautéed in Bacon grease 3 1/2 pieces of bacon Lunch 2 all beef Nathan’s 1/4 lb Hotdogs (3 g carbs each), 1/2 C cooked spinach with cream cheese and heavy cream Dinner: 5 oz corned beef, 1 cup Broccoli with butter, 4 mushrooms sautéed in butter, salad with dressing (2 carbs), 2 pepperoncini, 4 olives.

Day 3: 4 Hard boiled eggs with 2 Tbsp Mayo and 2 T dill relish, Lunch: 3 Lamb chops with Butter sauce, 1/2 Large tomato with Blue cheese dressing, Dinner: 6 oz Filet mignon, Mushroom sautéed in butter, Salad with tomato, pepperoncini and Blue Cheese dressing. And a bourbon.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

(Annette ) #2

I would log your carbs. Check out carb manager in the App Store, it’s free. I think you’re taking in more carbs than you realize.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3

@Nett Annette is right. I use Cronometer as my app though. Problems off hand would be mostly Day 1 and 3.

Day 1 cashews grapes and tortilla. These are all not keto friendly and you’re spending too many carbs on them. You definitely went over 20 on just those items.

Day 2 looks okay :ok_hand:

Day 3 isn’t too bad, but maybe more tomato than is prudent. Again weigh it.

You need to get a cheap $10-15 digital scale that will measure grams, try Amazon. You list stuff like broccoli which is great but cups isn’t an accurate measure for stuff with lots of air space when you put it in a cup. Weight is a better way to keep track. It’s easy to over consume carbs if you don’t weigh and track, at least for a while until you get a good idea of amounts that will work. I hope you find your groove on keto, I love it and what it’s done for me. Good luck :slightly_smiling_face:

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Running from stupidity) #4

(Joe Potter) #5

Good start! I’m a big fan of easing in to it, and proceeding deliberately and slowly. Perhaps a little high on carb for someone past the fat adaption stage, but I think it’s a terrific start. I agree with the scale idea. This is your journey, and you have gotten the activation energy to start - which is just where you need to be now. Awesome - keep calm and keto on!