Nausea reflux

(Jackie Mulhall) #1

I started Keto about 6 weeks ago and gradually have found some things difficult to digest. I have tried drinking some apple cider vinegar before a meal but it hurt my stomach. I am starting to get nausea. And reflux with foods like bacon and eggs such that I am not looking forward to eating. A long time ago I got reflux on a regular basis so I quit eating meat and it went away. I am thinking that this diet is too difficult to dig

est. Any thought?

(Allie) #2

Did you mix the ACV with water or just try drinking it neat?

(Jackie Mulhall) #3

I mixed it with water but it’s possible that I did it about 10 minutes before I ate, rather than right before.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #4

ACV has always cause me immense stomach upset. No matter how I took it. I can drink an entire jar of pickle juice, though, straight.

Have you tried not taking it and giving yourself a few days off of the ACV to eliminate this as your problem?

(Jackie Mulhall) #5

Yes I have.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #6

In my own experience, the thing that gives me the worse heartburn ever is Sweet N Low. I’ve found myself places where that’s the only option for my coffee or something and it burns a hole in me, it feels like. Do you use that?

(Jackie Mulhall) #7

Thanks for your ideas. No, I don’t use artificial sweeteners. It really seems to be after eating things like bacon (nitrate free) or sausages or other meats like beef. Chicken seems ok.I’m keeping my diet free of processed stuff and artificial stuff.

(Carl Keller) #8

Welcome to the forum.

Here’s a thread on the same subject where lots of info and ideas were passed. Hope it helps.

Search for “Reflux” and you can find other threads too.

(Kay baker) #9

Amazing how our bodies are so different. I for instance hate drinking water so I put a few drops of ACV in it. I really dont know what gives me reflux anymore so one 20mg of NEXIUM works like magic. (I believe they give Nexium to babies now…what next???) I was diagnosed years ago with a small hiatus hernia and told (by the gastro) that is whats giving me reflux.

(Bunny) #10

Digestive bitters and ACV always helped me; a person who once had serious acid reflux! Stomach sphincter valve is adapted to the alkaline PH so it stays open and up comes a gurgling pool of foamy acid!

Problem is people don’t stick with it long enough to do any good, it is not one of those immediate relief type things like an anti-acid pill! I always add table spoon of ACV and table spoon of lemon juice to my glass of water to balance out the PH!

BTW: the ACV also kills off SIBO!

See also:

Methylsulfonylmethane (organic sulfur) Constipation and Stomach Acidity: One study revealed that at least 75% of individuals taking one or more antacids or H2 histamine receptor antagonists against stomach acidity were able to sharply reduce or eliminate such medication within a week of initiating MSM as a dietary supplement. In another study, twenty-one subjects with a history of constipation were given 500 mg daily doses of MSM together with 1 gram of ascorbic acid. All subjects with abnormal colon function returned to normal and remained normal while MSM was part of their diet (5). These studies indicate that MSM often gives more relief from stomach acidity and constipation than commonly prescribed medication. Many people have reported that one of the most exciting and rewarding benefits of taking MSM is the prompt and continued relief from stomach acidity and constipation problems.…More