Nausea and lethargy

(Nick Eagle) #1

So i am day 2 from keto to full carnivore and am experiencing bouts of nausea (some heavy) and lethargy. Is this some know symptoms due to transition? Any help or advice will be much appreciated!

(Chris) #2

From keto to ZC? That doesn’t sound normal, unless you somehow have maybe a super low salt intake? Could be something unrelated if not.

(Bunny) #3

Are you reducing carbs and fats gradually[1] or nose diving?

What Is Keto Flu? (PLUS 6 Ways To Cure It)

(Chris) #4

Maybe reread, he’s converting from keto to ZC, flu shouldn’t be a factor.

(Bunny) #5

Is still keto flu or intolerance to digesting fat (has to do with pancreas i.e. digestive enzymes)?

(Nick Eagle) #7

Yea I am very good with me keto and know what to do… and not to do. Switched to carnivore and have had not bad, just noticeable nausea and some fatigue. Electrolytes are good salt intake and water is where it should be. I have heard people say dropping carbs from 30g to 0-5g can give fly like symptoms… is this not true?

I’ve been ZC for a good while and the only time I experience nausea is if I push the fat way beyond what is warranted. Maybe experiment with different meat cuts, salt v no salt, etc.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #9

Is is possible you are coming down with something? I would have said flu, but a nurse friend of mine says that nausea and vomiting are not symptoms of flu, but rather of food poisoning, which are apparently more prevalent in the U.S. than they like to admit.

(Nick Eagle) #10

I feel fine… I have found that I get this way after eating and have come to the conclusion that most times I am eating when I’m not even close to hungry. Making sure I wait to eat when I am hungry makes a big difference in how my tummy feels after eating. I think Im just going to switch to eating 1 meal per day… otherwise I have to wait like 10-12 hours between meals.

(Erin Macfarland ) #11

Yes I have experienced this at times transitioning from keto to ZC. Nausea when I would eat lots of fatty meat and lately I’m experiencing the lethargy. I’m just over 5 weeks ZC. I just wrote a post about this yesterday it might be helpful for you!