My wife gets a bonus from my ketosis

(Joey) #1

This has been reported many times here but I’ll add my n=1 to the growing data set:

Now, in my 3+ weeks of low carbs (<= 20g/day), along with the numerous other benefits I’m enjoying in my own life, my wife tells me that my snoring - i.e., that jet noise that’s been bugging her for over a decade - has suddenly stopped. Gone.

My guess: low level inflammation I’ve apparently had all these years has been markedly reduced - clearly, my no-longer-achy joints and muscles are telling me this much! But this has also likely decreased the size of previously-swollen breathing passages, slightly enlarging those narrower airways in my head.

Now, if only someday my wonderful wife would follow me down the path of this new healthy lifestyle…

(Little Miss Scare-All) #2

Yayyy for no snoring. As a wife who is a detester of snoring sounds, I’m very glad for yours. That ish is annoying af.

Regarding your wife’s conversion, the thing that speaks loudest to people are tangible results in others. Maybe as you have more and more results, she’ll start to get more curious.

(Kristina O'Bryant) #3

My husband and I have been doing keto together and reading your post made me realize that I no longer hear my husband snoring either. I have also been a long time sufferer of acid re flux and heart burn, particularly at night and have had no issues since shortly after starting keto. Loving those small victories.

(Joey) #4

Yeah, I’m hopin’ … there’s nothing more obnoxious than having other people (e.g., spouses) tell you how to live. I’d keep telling her how wondeful I feel but don’t want to be “rubbing that in her face” either.

So like in any good marriage, it’s a delicate balance. For now, she mostly does what she wants, and I mostly do what she wants. :wink:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: the key to a great husband!! But seriously, it sounds like you’re handling it properly. Sometimes when we try to preach or force things, all it does is turn people off and they get sick of hearing it. I know I do, at least. I’m a little bratty, and I’m wired to want to do the opposite of what I feel like someone is trying to force me into doing. This has its pros and cons. :grin::grin:

(Susan) #6

She is lucky, I am jealous! My husband has been snoring for 29 years and is only getting worse, and he won’t try Keto. Grats for your wife though!! =)

(John) #7

I wish I got that same benefit. However, when I was in my 20s, thin and physically fit, I had a roommate at the time that told me I snore louder than he can yell.

I also have “central apnea” in addition to the obstructive kind, where my brain just decides to not breathe for a little while.

So I am stuck with the CPAP machine I guess, no matter how much I lose.