My Very First 24 Hour Fast - Woo Hoo!

Excited to have completed my first 24 hour fast. Was quite a bit easier than I thought it would be - probably because I had back to back meetings starting at 9:30 and ending at 6:30! Felt pretty good up until around 2 when I was at about 18 hours so I had a cup of bone broth and some tea.

I did make the mistake of telling my husband when I got home, hoping he would give me some accolades, but instead he told me that I was doing something harmful and I need to eat during the day or I’d make myself sick. I wish I could prove to him it’s a good thing but he’s a believer of old school ideas - so I’ll keep it up and hopefully he’ll see the proof in my health and weight loss.

(Susan) #2

Congrats Stacia =).

(JM) #3

Grats! :star_struck:

(Carl Keller) #4

Sadly, people don’t understand that it’s abnormal to be hungry every 3-4 hours and that the problem is hormonal disfunction. Fasting is the natural way to correct our hormones and promote greater fat loss. Tell him that you feel great and you’re losing weight when you fast and this means that any caloric deficit is being supplemented by your body fat.

If fasting were as dangerous and harmful as many believe, then our ancient ancestors would never have lasted. A string of unsuccesful hunts would have slowly withered them away to nothing.

(Karen) #5

It’s best to just let everyone know that you’ve been snacking and are too full to eat. They usually believe that. Ha ha ha. Congratulations!

(Tyler) #6

Congratulations

Congratulations! I did my first a few days ago quite by accident. I just never stopped for lunch. It is sort of a weird, empowering feeling. I didn’t actually think I could do a 24-hour fast (total mental block) even though I only eat two meals a day anyway, but when it got to be around dinnertime I realized what had happened. Good for you! I hope you feel great.

(Failed) #8

Congratulations! You do what feels right to you. The science backs you up. Can you get hubby to do some reading?

@DeeCS I don’t think he’s going to come around until I have big changes that he can’t miss. It’s really crazy since he does subscribe to some “alternative” therapies like Cryotherapy and Infrared Sauna - he does both several days a week after playing hockey and swears by it!