My small victory, encouragement, and confession time

(Charlotte) #1

I’m posting in newbies because I still consider myself a newbie. I’ve been doing keto for 9 months with a goal of losing 100lbs. In the beginning of July this year my husband and I went on vacation to Fiji. I fell off the wagon a bit because the food was just too delicious to look at and I lacked the self control. I didn’t go completely nuts, but I did partake in waffles, pancakes, pastries, and sugary quad shot mochas along with my eggs and bacon in the morning… There were parties every night at the resort and I had enjoyed the free booze… I did not discriminate on any of my choices. I did my research ahead of time and I knew that Fiji was a carb heavy culture, and I knew my options would be limited, but no amount of mental preparation would have helped.

When we got home after a week I had gained 5lbs and unfortunately I continued my sloppy choices and stopped all the momentum I had accumulated over the previous 7 months. Everyday for the last 2 months I would go over my 20g carbs and eat around 60-80g. Everyday I kept telling myself “I’ll restart tomorrow and I’ll make the right choices”, but I lacked the self control necessary to get back to my desired path.

On Monday, I was on facebook looking at the Obesity Code Network group and I kept seeing all these people losing mounds of weight in just a couple months and I had enough. I got mad at all these people for having all this great success with fasting in addition to their weight loss regimen and then I got so angry at myself for failing myself inside and out. I’ve been tired of being overweight for the last 20 years, and looking at all those huge results from other people caused me to hit my breaking point. It finally lit the fire in my belly to get serious again. At that point I had lost a total 58lbs in the 9 months I’ve been doing keto and I decided to double down and incorporate longer fasts in weekly.

I started a 96 hour fast on Tuesday and I’m 62 hours in. I weighed myself this morning and after 2 months of going between 192-195lbs, I was happy to see that I have hit my all time low weight of 186lbs. When I started 62 hours ago I was 192lbs. Thats a lot more water weight than I expected to see. I’m feeling super great and I have been able to break my self imposed stall. Make no mistake I and I alone caused my own stall and I recognize and accept that. I am disappointed that it took me 2 months to recover from a 7 day overseas vacation. However, I now have the proper motivation that I have been lacking to renew my effort to get the weight off. Today, I have officially hit the -60lb mark which thrills me to no end after spending the last 2 months getting close, but not hitting that mini goal. It was taunting me and I’m relieved I have finally squashed the bug in myself that has been holding me back.

When you find yourself struggling… Find something to get that fire in your belly going again. For me… it was getting angry when I saw other peoples’ beyond amazing successes. If thats what works for you, go check out Jason Fung’s Obesity Code Network page. There is a lot of helpful information and resources there too to help in addition to peoples’ stories and successes.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/821976751327602?group_view_referrer=profile_browser

You got this… We got this! We will get there!

(Susan) #2

Congratulations for getting back on track and focussed, Charlotte =).

This is the key, self-recognition and owning that we alone are responsible for what choices we make and what goes into our mouths.

I congratulate you for acknowledging this and being the best Charlotte you can be =). I wish you all the best staying on track and reaching your goals and keeping Keto for life.

(Charlotte) #3

Thanks. I have always tried to emphasize my own culpability in everything I do. Thats the only way a person can make a real lasting change.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

Awesome Susan and Charlotte. I believe that I unwittingly created all my health disorder with a healthy dose of denial involved. When we open our eyes and take responsibility and accept where we have failed ourselves it’s a huge step forward towards change. Charlotte next time you vacation start your fast on the airplane flying home. The food sucks anyway! :cowboy_hat_face:

(Charlotte) #5

lol! Will do!