My NSV

(Michelle) #1

My little small NSV – I have a personal trainer I see once a week. We talk a lot about nutrition, and I told her back in December about Keto and asked her what she thought. Her initial reaction was — OOH, don’t think you should do that much fat. Just increase your protein, blah blah blah. She was “well, maybe you can have yogurt and berries” :angry: She had no education on keto, what it was, or anything. She kept giving me advice to work in fruits in my diet (she’s also a cardiac nurse).

Since January, when I started on this, she keeps asking more and more about it. I send her articles and of course, podcasts, and now (here’s the NSV part) ----> **she’s dipping her toe in Keto!!! ** She keeps telling me “well, I am totally cutting back on carbs” and then the next week “I only had popcorn this week”.

Wow, I didn’t think I’d be able to sway her, but maybe it’s sinking in. You don’t need carbs!!! She is learning more and more about it, and I sent her Brian Williamson’s recent one about staying keto and losing fat (vs. carbing up). She is coming around.

That’s my fun NSV for today.

I’ve had a similar experience with my trainer. He told me a couple months ago that there’s “no way your eating less than 20 grams of carbs a day”, because your brain would not function properly" I just laughed and kept on with my lunges… It’s hard to sway those who have had the American standard diet engrained in them… I’ve given up trying to get him to understand keto, but next week is weigh in week, and he asked me yesterday during our session to take pictures of everything I eat so we can talk about what’s working and what’s not… Hoping I have a good weigh in and that he drools over all the steak and macadamia nuts and BUTTER that I eat! lol

(Gloria) #3

My trainer is seriously into nutrition, but did understand low carb because a friend of his reversed T2D. When I told him that I was experimenting with zero carb, he said but you need some carbohydrates. To which I said that you just don’t have to eat them.

He is prone to migraines (in fact he had to cancel my session today-this is at least the third time). I will be working on him again next session to try keto to see if it helps. I will keep him because he doesn’t exude jockiness and that suits me fine.

Noice!! As a cardiac nurse she might find the category here about cholesterol interesting too. I don’t fish, but isn’t the trick to send out the bait and then gently lure them in? :wink: Mwahahaha

(Michelle) #5

UPDATE: My trainer is now low carb!! Not fully keto, but she now hates it when her fiancee makes anything with carbs, and she tries to avoid carbs as much as possible!! Woo Woo. She texted me today that she loves this diet!!

So, happy that I “turned” a sugar burner over to carbs. I’ll try and get more deets into exactly what she’s eating lately.

NSV!