My most ambitious Souse Vide yet :)

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #1

So, I’m getting ready to Souse Vide a big, fat, bone in pork roast, @ 145 degrees, for 60 hours !
Followed by 3 hrs of cold smoking, and finally, a nice searing :slight_smile:
Hoping I can just pull the bone right out afterwards, like Guga did on the Souse Vide Everything channel :wink: Basically I’m hoping to make it all just fall apart like pulled pork :slight_smile: Mmmmm…

Will try to post pics of each step… But with the searing (the most dramatic part :wink: ) Ill try to get a short video :slight_smile:

Trying to talk my GF into Keto pizza tonight though :slight_smile:

Have I ever mentioned that I really love eating ? :slight_smile: lol

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #2

Okay, so I did it, and it came out great :slightly_smiling_face:
It was a 5lb Pork shoulder, bone in.

Looked like this after 60hrs in the SV at 145 degrees… And a quick sear with the torch… Crazy how fast and easily it seared ? Faster than a 1 lb Ribeye !?

The bone pulled right out. Super tender… Honestly, it could have been just a tad firmer… It wasn’t mushy, but close. Probably 40-48 hours would have been fine.

Smoking tube in the home made smoker worked fine too, but again, next time, I’ll smoke it before the SV.

In case you didn’t see the SV Everything video I posted the link to, the home made smoker is just what you see here, with another aluminum tray just like it, clipped on top of this one, in a clam shell arrangement.
I filled that smoking tube with smoking chips, lit the back end with my torch, stuck it back in and it smoked for about 2 1/2 hrs. Worked great :slightly_smiling_face: No hurry now to buy a real smoker.