Dave's Progress Thread - Year II

(Running from stupidity) #141

Are you talking about Digital Dave? Honestly, I don’t think he’s THAT bad. Not REALLY.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #142

I give up!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #143

I actually spit out my water with that one!

Well, Week 26 finally puts me at the 6 month mark of being Keto, and with some recent poundage bouncing, I ended up back at exactly -75lbs. for the first 1/2 year. So I find that’s a nice rounded number to begin with. :slight_smile:

And I guess as for NSV’s for the first 6 moths?

• Well, I can’t wear shit that I wore 6 months ago, unless you count my boots. :smile: But they’re looser too.

• I was wearing jeans in size 44-46 waist, can now get in 38’s, but still using 40’s to stretch their use.

• I’ve had to go out and buy new stuff twice already, but again trying to make them last as long as possible. But I’ve never liked loose fitting close and having them bunching up underneath outer clothing.

• I’ve been able to loan most of my out-grown clothes to my son, albeit for only a short period, since he too is loosing weight being Keto, but he can usually use most of it for a month or two. So saves him a few bucks.

• I’ve been able to donate or give others practically newish clothes to have/use, and some who can really use them. And this includes the rest my son used/uses briefly.

• I haven’t been having the occasional lower-back pain I used to, which was mostly from sleeping funny or awkwardly. Also don’t seem to fidget around as much, and wife says I appear to sleep much better now.

Some progress images after switching over to a Keto WOE/WOL May 26th, 2018…

(Running from stupidity) #145

Well, apart from the fact that this fatty food is killing you from #insertthinghere, I’d say it’s agreeing with you :slight_smile:

(Terence Dean) #146

First, congratulations on reaching your 6 months officially!! Wow great progress photos mate, its just amazing the transformation in only 6 months. If I can get my wife to hold the camera steady enough to take a photo I’ll post mine this coming Saturday (actually Sunday). I recently visited my favorite jean suppliers the other day and was shocked to find I could fit into 38’s without too much effort as well. I’ve got a couple good “fat” photos I can post for comparison too. Virginia and your son of course would be very proud of your efforts, well done!!

Thanks guys, still a little ways to go, but going all the same. :slight_smile: … Don’t have a goal weight per se, but just thinking somewhere around 200 maybe a little less? Who knows.

Thanks again.

(Jane) #148

You look great and you are an inspiration to others here! I recognize Texas Road House lol

Yes ma’am, Texas Road House it is. :slight_smile: … The wife really liked the pic, even though I was getting a little scruffy looking and hadn’t trimmed up. But she still insist I post it. :slight_smile: … But she also cracked up, when the waiter jumped in the booth for a photobomb pic with me. - He was a bit silly, but actually quite nice. :slight_smile:

Thanks again, Jane.

Amazing progress and it really shows. Awesome job!

Thanks, Gaff. Really appreciate it. :+1: … Hoping to down drop close to 200 by summer or so.

(Jane) #152

I think it’s fantastic you have gotten your wife and son to join you in your keto journey.

My older brother was rail thin his whole life until he turned 50. He didn’t have a terrible diet but he never had to watch what he ate either. Now he is at least 50 lbs overweight and needs keto so bad. He’s asked me about it a couple of times after seeing my progress and he knows how hard I’ve struggled my whole adult life after I had kids to lose the weight.

He’s a big online researcher so maybe he will decide to try it. He never married so just has himself to consider and can eat any way he wants.

Thanks, I’m glad as well, but would have still done it if they didn’t end up joining. But it does make it easier as far as simply cooking meals. I was doing it alone for the first two months, because the wife wanted to check with her doctor first to make sure it wouldn’t conflict with her medical issues or medicines. But instead of just calling her, she simply waited for her next scheduled appointment which wasn’t far off. … So, though it wasn’t any problem for me to do strictly Keto alone, it is nice to just make all meals keto in the household, so leftovers can be for everyone, not just myself. … Plus, there’s no dancing around food items that you would want to avoid but still have around. But again, wasn’t a problem to do this my first two months. :slight_smile:

Not sure if you’ve inquired yet, (probably have) but have you invited him to just come visit this site? Maybe just look at some select threads, such as the big Before and After thread that shows everyone’s amazing results? Just wondering since that alone could provide some inspiration if he’s interested? :slight_smile:

Well, I got a little bored tonight, and decided after seeing everyone who post their graphs showing their weight-loss trends, I would see if I could create one in the program I’m currently using. (Numbers) Took me a little time since I’m more accustomed to using Excel since I do most spreadsheet work at work. But after some fooling about, I did find out how to do it, which is cool. And since it’s connected now, it should auto-update as I enter more info. At least I can now see the trend along with the calculated data as it corresponds to my weight loss.

That’s a great looking graph!

(Jane) #156

That’s a good idea and I will forward him the link to the public thread. It is inspirational and motivating!

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #157

Wow, great trend. All your hard work paying off. :tada:

Pics look great. 75 pounds in 6 months impressive.

I have loved reading your and V’s thread.

@Gaff… Thanks. I didn’t think about it at first, having it graphed, but after seeing everyone else’s I wasn’t sure if I needed something like Cronometer to do it? (which I believe you need to upgrade to Gold to have this option?) So just fooled with Numbers & was able to pull it off. Good to have as well. - Thanks again. :slight_smile:

@Janie - Yeah, I find just seeing everyone else’s results can be quite inspiring. Hope he checks it out. :slight_smile:

@Iced - Thank you very much, ma’am. :slight_smile: Appreciate the kind words and I too enjoy seeing how well everyone else is doing. Just hope that the Keto (or LCHF) WOE/WOL continues to catch on so others can see how easy it can be just making some changes in diet, and what all it can do for you. :slight_smile: … Thanks again.

(Virginia ) #159

Congrats!!! :partying_face: You are doing an amazingly well Honey, I am super proud of you . You look great (but you always did to me from the very first day I met you). :heart_eyes: Good luck on the next 6 months of your journey. :kissing_heart: Love you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks, love you too. :slight_smile:

This shows you have a great memory. :smile: Because that was many moons ago. :wink: :kissing_heart: