Dave's Progress Thread - Year II

(Virginia ) #161

You’re Welcome. :slight_smile:

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #162

I just have to say: You guys are such a sweet couple!

(Running from stupidity) #163

OH! Are they a couple?

Yep, a couple of Keto Nuts! :smile:

Thanks … @GodwinGoGo

(Running from stupidity) #165

:smiley:

Wanted to dump this in here, as to keep track of when they were made… Giving them two weeks.

Mustard Pickled Eggs, with thanks to @JustPeachy (Sophie) Tried this one just as you posted. :slight_smile:

Then tried another one, with a few extra tweaks, since the wife said there was a 1/2 dozen more Eggs and we were making room for more stuff in the fridge.

This one I just played around with some stuff to see what comes of it…

Pickled Eggs Test Run??? Basically just added a few more things we use regularly.

6 Boiled Eggs

1 cup ACV

1 cup Water

1/4 tsp. Mustard Seed

1/4 tsp. Celery Seed

1/4 tsp. Turmeric

1/2 tsp. Sea Salt

1/2 tsp. Onion Powder

1 tbsp. Whole Ground Mustard

1 tbsp. Minced Garlic

1 tbsp. Old Bay

(Doug) #167

:+1: :heart: Pickled eggs.

And beets. And one of the best things I’ve ever eaten was pickled sausages in a hotel bar in British Columbia in the early 1990s. Two co-workers and I cleaned out the whole enormous jar of them. I wish I could find the like of them now.

Ok, first, don’t shoot me. But I’ve never tried beets. :no_mouth: I’ve seen them, but never tried them. … But then again I’ve never had Pickled Eggs either. :smile: Always thought to, but just never did. So these will be my first.

Love Eggs, Love Vinegars, so not sure why I never tried them. But looking forward to it though. :slight_smile:

The wife has already offered to do the version with Beets, Onions, Eggs, etc., since her Mom and Aunt’s used to eat them quite regularly. … But the Pickled Sausage also sounds good too!

Now starting to wonder what else can be pickled and what I’ve been missing out on…

(Doug) #169

The vinegar taste just goes so well with some things. Less vinegary and heavy on the salt --> brisket becomes corned beef. We often think of it as “Irish” but in Ireland beef was very expensive; pork was more the thing as pigs bred a lot faster and didn’t take much effort to raise. It was Irish immigrants to the New York area who really got going on corned beef - the prevalence of Jewish butchers in the area (who of course had no pork) made for that.

Want to try me some corned pork.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #170

When I was young I used to go fishing at the Titusville pear near what became cape kennedy. They used to have big jars of pickled eggs and sausages. Had one sausage once. I thought it was great. My dad did not want me eating that junk.

You guys have me hoping they are as good as I’m hoping. Not to mention other possibilities for pickling. :slight_smile:

(Virginia ) #172

Thank you GodwinGoGo :slightly_smiling_face:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #173

My first sauerkraut today.

I actually just tried Sauerkraut about a year ago too at Thanksgiving at our neighbor’s place. I also ate some this year at Thanksgiving at their place again. Just never tried it growing up. :slight_smile:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #175

My wife is 2nd generation German. We eat cabbage many ways. Also wursts and cheeses.

She went keto 2 weeks ago. I think that means no German potato salad. But wilted cabage in moderation is welcome. :bacon:

(Virginia ) #176

Yes Sir, together 35 1/2 years and this coming Saturday Dec. 8, we will be celebrating our 32nd wedding anniversary :slight_smile:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #177

Just did our 33rd. Time goes fast. Congratulations.

(Virginia ) #178

Thank you so much Eric @daddyoh and Happy Anniversary to you and your wife. :slight_smile:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #179

Thanks @DoggieMom aka Virginia. Same to you and your husband.

(Virginia ) #180

Thanks and you’re welcome :slight_smile: