My Journey/Help with Lipid Profile

(Alec) #21

Danny
I think you are worrying about the wrong thing. Nobody has yet pointed out that it is actually better for you to have higher LDL. High LDL is protective against All Cause Mortality. The below is a graph created by Dr Zoe Harcombe using WHO data. The higher the LDL, the lower the All Cause Mortality.

This analysis matches other data points, such as the fact that the average LDL level of people being admitted to hospital in the US with a heart attack is lower than the US average LDL level. If high LDL causes CVD, how can this be possible?

The CW has got this badly wrong. When you learn this, doctors suggesting statins becomes quite laughable, because statins are very effective in reducing LDL. But they are not effective in cutting ACM. That’s what the data says.

So what should you focus on avoiding? High A1C (caused by carbs); high trigs (caused by carbs); high insulin (caused by carbs); you see the pattern?

925AF863-CB09-41D8-9E54-5F77A1D12EB7

(Danny) #22

Alec, you’re very correct in saying I’m focusing on the wrong thing - I have no clue what to focus on. Still learning and I’m grateful for people like you and numerous others on this forum that have been so helpful and informative.

Truly appreciate it!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #23

The reference range varies from lab to lab, because there are different techniques used. Also, it changes at the behest of drug manufacturers, apparently. For example LDL < 150 was fine just a few years ago, but the statin manufacturers got the limit lowered to 90. And I’m sure the fact that it gave them several million new customers had nothing to do with it. :grin:

(Danny) #24

It’s so insane, sad and frankly frustrating that the world is so driven by the dirty dollar that we can’t know, with full confidence, the unequivocal truth when it comes to our health. Sick care > health care.

(Danny) #25

Given the amount of knowledge amongst folks on this forum, I doubt I’m sharing anything new here but I just re-listened to an old Joe Rogan podcast with Paul Saladino and found one particular 30 minute section extremely interesting. I know Joe R can be a controversial figure but I do enjoy his interviews with medical professionals and scholars as it’s always an open minded and honest fact based discussion.

If you haven’t heard THIS and have Spotify, check it out - Start from about the 1:39:30 marker and go until the subject begins to change, around 2:10:00ish. All about lipid profiles and the shortcomings of the standard lipid hypothesis.

Apo E4 Heterozygous (Male) and Keto