My first SV cooking of Beef Short Ribs 🙂

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #1

So I did 6 big, meaty beef short ribs, @ 158 F for 16 hrs. Then a quick torch searing, then glazed and carmelized with G. Hughes BBQ sauce :slightly_smiling_face:

They were very good. All but a couple of the bones just fell out when I tried to handle and sear them, so the dogs scored big time ! In fact, they are still sitting around chewing on them :slightly_smiling_face: Happy dogs :blush:

I dunno… I think I’m leaning towards the Baby Back Ribs myself, but these were good for a change.
If I did them again, I might try 150 for 24 full hours…
Oh, and that grilled in butter keto bread was SO good dipped in the gravy from the SV bag :blush:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #2

Beef ribs here are so expensive and pork ribs are not. This look amazing.

Can you post of picture of your torch? Thank

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #3

Yea, here too ! I had to buy two packs of 3 each, and I think they were about $7 and $8 each… But like I say, good for a change.

Here’s the torch I use…

And I want to stress, I think the biggest mistake people make with these, is that they are so loud, and crazy, people try to run them cooler…but no ! If you want to use less heat, just stand farther away. They should always be adjusted so their is only whitish blue flames. Also, stay at least 16" to 24" away from the meat anyway, to give the fuel a chance to fully combust.