My first proper 'water only' fast

(Lee Jones) #1

Been eating Keto for around 12 months or so now and despite weight loss of around 75-85 pounds (I ditched the scales at my biggest) and lots of NSV’s (neck down from 19 to 16 inches, chest down to 46 inches from 58) my body seems to have found it’s set weight point at around the 225-230 mark.

Any fasting I’ve done in the past as been supplemented with fat in coffee and although I found it really easy I didn’t see any obvious benefits.

That changes today. I’m now 16 hours into a water and black coffee fast and despite never really enjoying black coffee I’m feeling great so far.

As I started my fast at 10pm last night I intend to complete 36 hours at the very least but am hoping I’ll have the resolve to be able to continue it for double that and really get the benefits a fast can bring.

Fingers crossed, Ill keep you posted as to how I get on :muscle:t2:

(Dave Harvey) #2

Good luck! Keep us posted.

(Lee Jones) #3

So I managed 48 hours in the end…before succumbing to a prawn cocktail and a small piece of steak and feel great for it.

I’ve still not had any double cream in my coffees (I’ve only had 4 in this 47 hour period anyway) and have found that regular glasses of water and the odd green tea have kept me happy in that regard.

I’ll weigh myself in the morning and see if there’s been any weight loss effect.

I think I could get used to this and plan on incorporating it into my current woe. :muscle:t2:

(VLC.MD) #4

Nice.

Try another 48 !
:slight_smile:

(Lee Jones) #5

I did another 23 hours and had steak, egg and mushrooms. Struggled to eat it!

…three hours later and after an urgent rush to the toilet I think it’s all out of my system already :poop::joy:

1 pound lighter this morning btw which as I can fluctuate a pound or 2 any given day I’m going to ignore for now. Instead I’ll continue 23/1 intermittent fasting for another 6 days and weigh myself at the end of that.

(VLC.MD) #6

Nice