My belly has dents!

(Brian) #1

For the past several years, I don’t remember how many anymore, my belly has been well rounded. Though I tend to have excess weight all over, the belly has been the most obvious.

When I got out of the shower this morning, I really noticed, I have a big dent on either side of my belly button. It’s concave. I haven’t seen that before, at least not that I remember.

I hope the general flab will tighten over time as I don’t like a lot of loose skin hangin’ around.

Still wearing the same pants as always but definitely wear my belt and suspenders everywhere I go. I don’t like the belt tight enough to hold 'em up. And if I don’t have either one working to hold them up, they truly do just fall off. Not quite ready for new pants yet but it’s coming. Hate to spend the money on pants I fully intend to shrink out of in just a few months. I did buy an extra set of suspenders, though. :slight_smile:

I’m about 1/3 of the way to my goal! Yeah!!!

(Michael Haisten) #2

That is an awesome feeling indeed! Good work and Keto On!!

(Allan L) #3

And you have dents in your belly already? well done! My belly is proving slow to go. Face, arms and legs have gone super slim but belly and back fat is hanging around! :slight_smile:

(Anderson Herzogenrath Da Costa) #4

Lol. The same happened to me, dents on the sides and the belly is becoming concentrated on the middle.

(Bacon, Not Stirred) #5

Okay, so I totally thought this was something happening to only me.

(Deb) #6

Dents are a good thing! I love seeing new dents (in my fat, not my car!)

(Keto Travels) #7

Yep, dents first here too … haven’t even lost much weight yet

(Brian) #8

Thought I’d update…

I have a vest that I wear to church. It’s a leather vest with four snaps down the front, kinda looks like a biker vest. For quite a few years, it was so tight that I either couldn’t snap it closed or if I did snap it closed, all it took was inhaling and I’d hear at least one or two of the snaps pop open. (And it takes a fair bit of pressure to pop them open that way.)

Had it on yesterday and since the weather is cooler, I snapped it up. Didn’t think much about it until I needed to reach for the reading glasses in my front shirt pocket and realized the vest had been snapped up for an hour, all through a trip in the car and a number of other situations that would have made the thing pop open every time.

I took notice and there was actually extra space in there. Without “sucking it in” at all, there was a couple of inches of vest that I could pull out away from my belly.

I know, that’s a tiny thing. But it’s a non-scale victory I hadn’t thought much about.

Also, I have a friend I saw checking out my belly yesterday, or maybe I should say, they were checking out the place where my big belly used to be and isn’t anymore. The pants are becoming “crinkled” around the top where the belt is tight enough to take up that extra couple of inches of pants I don’t need anymore.

The weight itself seems to be plateaued a bit in the upper 240s. But I’m really not too worried about it. Stuff seems to be shifting around and the body seems to be reorganizing. I suspect I’ll get on the scale one day soon and discover I’ve dropped through 245 area, which will require a new goal, because 245 is my second goal on my way to 195. Started at 285 so getting a little closer to half way there! Not sure how long I can hold out before needing to buy some new clothes. That’ll be a nice problem to have. :smiley:

(Brian) #9

Yup… I admit it, I am a scale watcher. I probably watch it too much. And I had been on a plateau for a while - 248, 249, 247, 249, 248, 249, 247, 248… just didn’t seem to want to move.

So last week, I kinda took a few days off from watching the scale. I changed nothing about my eating habits.

Got on the scale again this morning, 245. And that was my second goal! (I know, weight is not the only goal. But it is one of mine, in addition to being more fit and being able to get around easier and do more.)

So I need a new goal. Might set it at 235. That would be a loss of 50 pounds and a little over half way to my ultimate goal of the 190’s. It’s only 10 pounds away. No idea how long it will take or whether the holidays will impact it at all but I’m in no particular hurry. I am wondering how my wife will react. I’ve been dropping weight much faster and am within about 5 pounds of her. :open_mouth: I’ve never weighed less than her. (She is dropping weight but not nearly as much or as fast.)

I was thinking about it this morning. I don’t deprive myself, really, I don’t. When I’m hungry, I eat. I don’t always eat a lot but when I do, I’m generally satisfied. I can’t remember the last time I ended a meal hungry. I don’t stuff myself, though. Maybe the habits are changing. Maybe the stomach is shrinking in size. Maybe the hormones and gooey stuff inside is figuring out a new normal. Can’t explain it all, but I’m gonna keep calm and keto on. I’m liking the way things are going.

:slight_smile: