My 2018 Ketofest presentation

ketofest
science
statin
presentation
video

(Nick) #1

The dudes kindly put up my 2018 Ketofest presentation. A biochem deep-dive rather than the usual philosophical stuff. About what exactly statins get up to. Enjoy!

(bulkbiker) #2

Thanks Nick for this explanation of how these drugs can make us sick.
Entertaining and very informative a must watch.

(Nick) #3

Thank you, Mark. I wanted to show that, although these things are detailed and there’s a lot to take in, it’s NOT actually that complicated to understand once you see how the mechanisms flow.

(bulkbiker) #4

You succeeded pretty well (although I may need to watch it again!).
I keep bumping it on the diabetes.co.uk forum to try to get all the poor souls who take statins to understand what their doctors are unwittingly doing to them.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

Why anyone would want to take a statin after watching this lecture, is beyond me. :grimacing:

(KCKO, KCFO) #6

This was my favorite presentation, I had the streaming service so watched almost every one.

Interestingly, I have run my DNA through the reporting service at foundmyfitness.com and seems that my body could cope with statins if I ever take them. My DH on the other hand got to where he could not get up and walk because of the pain they induced. He tossed them out after a week and never looked back.

(Nick) #7

Wow. I’m blushing :blush: Thank you.

I think we can all be empowered into learning more than we think we can learn, more than, frankly, those old gatekeepers of knowledge would want us to learn! That was the primary point of my talk, beyond the specific topic at hand.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

Don’t know how I managed to miss that presentation live, but I’m glad to have caught it now. Thanks, Nick, for the clarity of thought, and—can’t believe I’m typing this—for the cheesy humour. It made the chemistry stick better. :bacon:

(Nick) #9

Hurray! And no worries - cheese is keto :slight_smile: