🇺🇸 ‘Murica Group 🇺🇸

(TJ Borden) #62

Well that seems arbitrary. Who decided a 14 lb Stone was THE stone? So what is a rock supposed to weight? Or a boulder?

Seems like geological prejudice to me.

(Ellen) #63

Some claim that was the weight of the stone Arthur pulled Excalibur from :wink:

(TJ Borden) #64

Hmmm… Well if that was the case then at some point someone would have pulled hard enough on the sword that they would have just lifted the stone too.

Which means THAT stone was WAY more than 14 pounds, or Brits at that point we’re just really scrawny.

I used to think they must have been really smart to colonize so much of the world. Now I’m just thinking a bunch of them got lost and couldn’t find their way back.

(Ellen) #65

Ah but lifting the stone doesn’t count. Smart? Nah we just went places, spoke loudly & slowly and if that didn’t work shot people. Amazing how that can encourage “primatives” into being “civilised”. Although to be fair we just copied the Romans, Genghis Khan etc.

(mags) #66

A lot of the time we didn’t need to go to all of that effort to shoot them. We just passed on our nasty bugs which wiped them out effortlessly

I don’t know if it’s a regional thing or not but I’m from Boston, and now living in VA and in both places whenever something is fancy, in a high money area or just overall trying to be high end, things are always spelled the English way with the u’s. Also in both states seems most of the counties are names after places in England. No doubt both places being two of the original 13 colonies has something to do with that.

(Bill DeVore) #68

Sorry to say, but Kerrygold is not allowed to import to Murica! :frowning:

(mags) #69

I’ve often wondered…what’s the thing with kerrygold? It doesn’t taste that special to me.

(Bill DeVore) #70

Compared to store bought butter, I think it’s much tastier. But, we typically buy local Amish butter, and that’s a little better (flavor wise) compared to Kerrygold. IMHO

We don’t use Kerrygold, or the Amish butter for recipes or cooking - mostly just when you’re going to taste it directly (melted on steaks, on a keto bread, etc.).

(mags) #71

Can you imagine going back to margarine :scream:

Can’t believe I ever liked that garbage over butter!

(mags) #73

Oh never liked it. But it was ‘good’ for us

This is something I always notice when I visit my brother who lives in Pennsylvania near Delaware, I always think they sound hoity-toity, Daughters-of-the-American-Revolution style, LOL. Also a lot of Native American place names, but you see that here in the Midwest also. There are a surprising lot of French names for places in the Midwest as well. Was Illinois part of the Louisiana Purchase? I can’t remember.

Now I know which side of the family the Americans take after :rofl:

Funny how a 'Murica only thread turned into a thread about Brit things.

(TJ Borden) #76

You noticed that too? :thinking::rofl::rofl: