Muller butter

(Allie) #1

Look what I found in Tesco

(mags) #2

I saw it yesterday too. Didn’t need butter so I didn’t take a look at it. Is there anything significant about it? I tend to think that butter is butter and go for cheapest.

(Allie) #3

I didn’t need any butter either, but just can’t bring myself to ignore these new butters… it’s a keto-addiction :joy:

I have noticed a difference in the qualities of different butters yes. At first I used the cheapest Tesco option but then played around a bit with different brands and there really is a difference between them.

(mags) #4

I must say some of the organic butters are lovely. The trouble is if they are too nice I can eat them by the spoonful. I’m really trying not to do that. Having said that last night I shovelled 2 desert spoonfuls of coconut oil down my neck. Have you seen coconut butter about. I’d like to try that.

(Allie) #5

I’ve had coconut butter before, used it in recipes, but didn’t rate it much.
Countrylife butter is lovely…

(mags) #6

Oh thanks I’ve often wondered about coconut butter. All butter is wonderful. Except anchor… I always think it has a funny taste.

(Allie) #7

President isn’t good either, it seems the same as the cheaper Tesco version.

(mags) #8

I shall get muller next time I venture out and give it a rating :grinning:

One of my favourites

(Allie) #10

Lidl do a version of this which is rather good too (but cheaper!)

(mags) #11

Oh that sounds good. Don’t have a waitrose near me but I shall hunt out the lidl one.

(Phil Maskell ) #12

I get similar from Tesco

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/250759439

As far as I can tell it’s grass fed too, with the salt I can eat it on its own unlike most unsalted.

Yeah that one is great too! I love the big salt crystals, I can whip a slice off this stuff and eat it just like cheese!

I normally get my butter from a local dairy but since I’ve run out and they did to (waiting for them to stop making it all into cheese and cheesecake so I can stock up again) I managed to pick up some at taste of Grampian (big local food/drink market type event they have once a year here) from another localish dairy…

And found this at Sainsbury’s the other day so had to get some to try :slight_smile:

(Allie) #15

I’ve got a farm shop near me where I can get raw cream / butter etc but never seem to make it there. It’s not far away, but at the same time so far away that it’s takes a good couple of hours that I don’t want to use up sitting in the car.

(Andrea) #16

My absolute favourite…it’s just like a little fridge snack!

(Sarah Slancauskas) #17

The unpasteurised French butter is my absolute favourite. I buy that all the time!

(Andrea) #18

We got some of this raw cultured butter from Fen Farm Diary. Can’t recommend it highly enough. Quite expensive but a real nice treat!

http://fenfarmdairy.co.uk/shop/bungay-raw-cultured-butter-3-x-250g-packs/