Mr porky pork scratchings

(Helene) #1

Are these full Keto ?

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

Read the nutrition label.
and
the ingredients:

Ingredients

Pork Rind, Salt, Flavour Enhancer: Monosodium Glutamate, Hydrolysed Soya Protein, Rusk ( Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Salt), Dextrose, Colours: Paprika Extract, Ammonia Caramel, Made with 357g Raw Pork Rind per 100g of Pork Scratchings.

These are not so good:

• Hydrolysed Soya Protein
  • Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour…
  • Dextrose
  • Ammonia Caramel

Pretty much any packaged ‘pork rinds’ are going to contain some undesirable stuff. I think you might find something a little more ‘keto friendly’ if you look for Chicharon. Again, read the label and list of ingredients.

Welcome.

(Helene) #3

Thank you

(Ian) #4

You had me worried about my favorite pork rind product, but it looks ok: PORK RINDS, LARD, SALT, only

Wish I could get UK style pork scratchings here in Canada.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #5

(KCKO, KCFO) #6

Ethnic grocery stores often have pork rinds that are just fried or baked with nothing but some salt added.

Are you UK based? If so, Awfully Posh pork cracklings seem to be ok. The sea salt version is just the rinds fried in its own fat with sea salt added. I buy a dozen at a time from Amazon for around £8. Each pack is 40g.

(Allie) #8

It’s difficult to find them without loads of crap added but I did find some on amazon that were ok

(Helene) #9

Thanks all xx