Motorcycle riders LOVE to eat!

food

(Wendy LaCroix) #1

I just love being a part of the motorcycle riders lifestyle. Never have I met a group of such giving, loving and accepting people. But let me tell you they LOVE to eat!! Every destination includes food or site seeing which ALWAYS ends in food!!! I’ve been working on my keto lifestyle for almost 1 year now and when the warm weather rolls around I need to think it through. When my husband gets a prime rib I eat the fat from his meal (he can’t believe how much I love it) and just get an appetizer. Ice cream stops Ahhhhhh!!! I usually get 1 scoop of my favorite maple walnut. Just wondering does anyone have any advice for this situation? I am lucky enough to have avoided the diabetes diagnosis with keto (strong family history) but I just want to continue being able to avoid it. I have lost weight on keto and love how I feel now but these situations just make me feel like I’m sabotaging myself.

I love this forum for all the information it gets out to everyone. Being in this lifestyle has been such a wake up call for me. Losing my Mom to diabetes was awful. I am so happy to have this information to make better choices for my life.

Thanks to Carl and Richard for helping us all find the healthier happier us!!! XOXO

MrsL

(What The Fast?!) #2

@brenda and (I believe) @NativeKetoMan are both motorcycle riders!

(Kevin M.) #3

Yes we are…and WE LOVE IT😊

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #4

I love to eat too. So does Kevin up there^^^
The most universal and common thing I find when eating out is chicken wings. Many places have them unbreaded. Don’t get the “boneless” ones. They are ALWAYS breaded. I also order ground beef patties with cheese, no fries. Sometimes they let you substitute a side salad. There’s plenty of keto food on a salad bar, steaks work too. Otherwise IDGAF who sees me peel the toppings off a pizza. If it is the only food offered, I wouldn’t eat the crust if you paid me. As far as the ice cream shop goes, get a coffee or a diet soda. No one puts that ice cream in your mouth but you.

Another thing, if the group asks for suggestions on where to go to eat, pipe up and throw a keto friendly suggestion in there if you can. BTW, neither of you will go hungry if you chow down on yummy keto food BEFORE you leave on your ride. Pick something good so you don’t feel deprived.

What kind of bike do you have Wendy? Or do you ride your own? I do. I have a Kawasaki KLR 650. I rode it to KetoFest in Connecticut last summer from Minnesota. Kevin rides a Yamaha Roadstar 1700.
I have a 6th sense about Harley riders and the wife who rides on the back. Correct me if I’m wrong. Is that the tribe of which you speak?

(Kevin M.) #5

Wendy,
I’m in the same boat, I’ve only been on the ketogenic diet for about 25 weeks now, and when I went out on the bike last summer with a few of my buds, we always stopt at the usual biker bars/saloons n got the usual burger n fries…this year will be interesting, but I’ll be eating before I leave and usually have a drink holder on my bike with a 24oz thermos…I’m sure I’ll have a burger…no fries and no buns :blush:…and in my thermos I’ll have ice water :blush:

(Kevin M.) #6

(What The Fast?!) #7

One other thing to ask if they use corn starch. I found that many places that serve “naked” wings use corn starch to get them crispy…and that ish is NOT Keto friendly!

(Wendy LaCroix) #8

Thanks everyone for your comments! @Brenda your right only I can control what goes in my mouth I will keep this in mind :slight_smile: @NativeKetoMan It should be an interesting riding season. I have done the bun-less burger thing before and will continue with this. @KetoLikeaLady I didn’t know about the cornstarch thing thanks for that tip. Of course I had to share a picture of us on our baby setting out for a ride. Come on spring!!!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #9

Here’s my bike.
2010 KLR650
She’s my baby, I bought her new.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #10

Here’s my solo bike trip from Minnesota to the southern Missouri Ozark Mountains. This blog has several posts referring to how I stayed ketogenic on this trip.

(Vincent Hall) #11

Bacon n eggs is my go to if Im out with mates on the bike. Or an omelette.
We do know all the local cafes as I train Advanced riding techniques for UK Institute of Advanced Motorcyclists and Rospa.
Usually cakes, etc are on offer, but I stay away from those offers.
KCKO the bike :sunglasses:
\v/

(Ronald Weaver) #12

I thought you people only ate live chickens’ heads ?..and drank beer ?..And wrecked small towns ?
Don’t you do that any more ?
Thank goodness for that, I’ve been feeling left out ever since I saw “The Wild One” in 1968. That’s right, 1968. In Glasgow, Scotland, the City Fathers refused to let it be shown until 1968, in case it was a corrupting influence on the youths of the day.
I mostly use my Yamaha TDM 850 for 3 or 4 day tours of France and I exist quite comfortably on bowls of coffee in the morning and for an evening meal I can always find a Buffalo Grill or a Courte Paille both of which do damn fine cuts of meat for not an awful lot of euros.
Keto diet and intermittent fasting has been an absolute boon for my motorcycle touring, it’s given me an even greater sense of freedom. I’m not obliged to stuff myself with a big breakfast and waste time finding somewhere to get a lunch and then swither about where I’m going to eat in the evening…Keto and motorcycling go well together.
Some very impressive bikes on this thread …

(Sophie) #13

When I was in my early teens I had a Honda 350 :blush: I musta put 250,000 miles on that beotch! :grin: I have a scooter now, but I still love a beautiful day and pickin bugs from my teeth! :laughing:

(Vincent Hall) #14

For sure the Courte Paille en France can do some fine steaks, I’ve recently got into their tuna as well.
I take a 10 day MC holiday with a bunch of mates further down South, but I also regularly work in Caen and usually stay at the Ibis and its attached Courte Paille.
They know me as the meat n salad man, pas de pain, sans sauce.
I use my smaller F800gt for the work trips and Advanced training. The “summer” toy is the plaything.
Oh, one disadvantage of losing body weight is having to buy new smaller sized bike gear, then lighter springs for the bike. Although power to weight ratio is much improved so yin/yan.
KCKO the bike…
\v/

(Wendy LaCroix) #15

Awesome!! Also I Love the shirt!!

(Wendy LaCroix) #16

I love how so many people from all over the world are on this forum!! It’s helps me see I’m not alone in my journey. I feel like I am sometimes because it’s (keto) just becoming a buzz word in my life. I think it will become more popular but for now I just “keep calm and keto on”