Most unusual NSV

(Katie) #1

Last spring I was driving north from the Desert. My cat, who has laid in my lap while driving…since she was a kitten…didn’t fit between me and the steering wheel.

Of course, she blamed me. (I am responsible for everything, including the weather). But, as she has been a growing cat this whole time…I blamed her.

I did check into the cost of putting in a tilt wheel…uuugggghhhh!

So, yesterday I departed for the desert. After keto for 4+ months, not only I am wearing smaller sized clothes…but the cat fits again!!! Yeah, no more cat anger because the space is too small…we both fit again.

(Robert C) #2

I think you are right - “Most unusual NSV” award I think is yours!

Honestly though, I’d get rid of that habit.
Both cats and dogs in laps while driving can lead to catastrophe.

Of course, I don’t know your cat but, a large barking dog might get you punctured in numerous places while trying to control a heavy car.

Fun or not (like having to lace your children into car seats) the cat and you have a better chance for long term survival if the cat is in a carrier.

(Katie) #3

Far more dangerous is having a very md cat attack while driving. It is what it is. I call her my tyrant for a good reason

(Susan) #4

Awesome NSV Katie =).

(Robert C) #5

It is your judgement call - by carrier I meant a closed box.

Might want to look into it:
However, driving with a pet on your lap or loose in the car can be dangerous and the California Highway Patrol strongly advises against both. Pets can be unpredictable and spooked easily in a moving car. Accidents have been reported that were caused by a dog or cat loose in the car that got tangled in the driver’s feet or the animal distracted the driver. A pet on the driver’s lap also can be injured or killed by the airbag deploying in an accident, Riverside CHP Officer Dan Olives said.

You can always rely on your cat to point out your faults :roll_eyes::laughing:

(Marianne) #7

That’s because they have none.

:joy_cat:

(Becky) #8

This made me chuckle for many reasons…I sympathize with you because I have a diva kind of cat who must sit on my lap while I am watching tv, she got so mad at me when I started losing because apparently I now made her uncomfortable! I have resorted to rolling up a towel and putting it on my lap so that Her Majesty will be comfortable once again! Sometimes it’s just better not to argue with the children lol

(Susan) #9

My 3 year old grand daughter said the other day, grandma’s tummy is not as fat because of Keto… hahahaha and she was complaining because when we sit on my bed watching her shows, it is not as big now!

(Becky) #10

@Momof5, priceless, never know how honest kids can be until you start losing weight! :joy::joy:

(Susan) #11

Yes, indeed! I have had to explain to her that grandma wants to lose her tummy but that I will always love cuddling with her, etc. but that I want to be healthy so that I can be around for a long time, etc. =).

(Becky) #12

@Momof5 sha baby, she loves you and sees nothing wrong with you, and FYI, you are a beautiful lady, both inside and out… my seven year old daughter is barely 30 pounds and super short, she told me… I wanna grow up to be big like you…broke my heart because I know she struggles with being the tiniest one in her grade but OMG I do not want her to go thru what I did growing up!

(Susan) #13

Aww, thank you very much =). You are very lovely too, and I am sure your little girl loves you and idolizes mommy, that is so so sweet.

(Marianne) #14

Maybe she meant tall (?). When you are tiny, most grownups look tall.

:hugs:

(Becky) #15

Lol she best have meant tall :joy::joy: