Morning lag

(Billy Teel) #1

Hi, new to Keto. I started July 24 and have lost 13 lbs. so far. I have not lost anymore weight in the last week and am still following the diet very closely. Also, in the mornings after breakfast I feel a little bloated and tired, but by mid morning it goes away and have energy the rest of the day. Any advice or ideas are welcomed._

What do you eat for breakfast? We don’t eat anything (just one cup of coffee) and we fast up to 24 hours inbetween meals. We eat once a day. I eat at 1 PM and my husband eats at 4:30 PM. On weekends we meet in the middle and have meals around 3. :slight_smile:

Try focusing less on weight loss and more about what you feel. Have you tried fasting?

(Mike W.) #3

He is way too early in his journey to be considering fasting or OMAD. He needs to be eating…A lot. Eat whenever you are hungry. You need to tell your brain that this is the new fuel and there will be plenty of it.

(Billy Teel) #4

Usually I have two scrambled eggs with cheese and picante sauce and two sausage patties. Even tho I haven’t lost any weight in the last week, I have lost inches in the waist as I was able to fit into an older pair of jeans yesterday.

(Marilyn Cox) #5

I agree with @MiKetoAF and perhaps change your breakfast foods. You may be eating hidden carbs or have some reaction to dairy or some other food you are eating at that time :blush:

This is a better indicator than a number on the scale.

(Mike W.) #7

Maybe lose the picante and substitute with a good hot sauce.

(Frank) #8

Maybe…maybe not.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #9

This is good advice, especially in the beginning. :+1: :bacon:

(Billy Teel) #10

Thanks, the last two mornings I have waited to eat breakfast until I was hungry and it worked.