Mmmmm. Fried Cod

(carl) #1

Egg wash to keto crumbs (pork rinds and a little Romano cheese) to cast iron skillet with 1/8 inch avocado oil over medium flame for just a few minutes per side. Home made tartar sauce on the side.

(Sheri Knauer) #2

That looks really good. Did you use fresh or frozen?

(carl) #3

Fresh

(Sheri Knauer) #4

Thanks. I know what fish I am buying next time I go to Wegmans…

(carl) #5

Mind you, it was probably frozen when it was packed. Fresh at the store, though. Alaskan Cod filets.

Oooooh yummie!! I live in the land of fish-abundance so I’ll have to try this with some fresh locally caught fish! Thank you for the inspiration @carl! Could you link to the keto-crumb recipe please?

(carl) #7

Easy. Put a bag of pork rinds in a food processor. Add a little bit of Romano cheese. I use a 3 to 1 ratio.
You can add whatever spice you want but I like it as is.

Thank you :smile:
Now I really look forward to see what the fishmonger has to offer tomorrow. Probably will use Parmesan cheese though… since I have it in the fridge.

(Justin) #9

Sounds amazing! I will definitely be trying this!

This was amazing @carl. I will be experimenting more with different fish and breading and spices.

(Sheri Knauer) #11

I got my fresh cod yesterday and am making this tonight!! Cant wait!

(Sheri Knauer) #12

How do you get your fish so perfect? Mine stuck to the pan (cast iron) so bad. I made sure oil was good and hot and didn’t touch it until it was time to flip it. What did I do wrong? The 2nd side stuck too

(Andrew Anderson) #13

I am drooling. My failure feature. Don’t forget to dry the vessel that grinds the rinds.