Metabolism of HGH, What Breaks It Down/Cleaves It?

(Teb Tengri) #1

I’ve searched for a couple of days trying to find what breaks down human growth hormone. I can find nothing. I’ve found that DPP-4 breaks down Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone(GHRH) but I see no mention of something similar for HGH. if I Google “HGH metabolism” all I get it how HGH affects the metabolism but nothing about how the body metabolizes HGH so it can be inactivated.

Does anyone know what enzyme etc I’m looking for?

Why are you trying to lower growth hormone levels?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

WebMD suggests that stomach acid breaks down HGH. The Wikipaedia article asserts that HGH has a half-life of 10-20 minutes (all proteins have a lifespan; some last only seconds, others last for years). I imagine that there is some protease or peptidase that targets it; the question would be whether it is specific to HGH, or to a class of proteins. You might also search for “somatotropin,” which is the other name by which HGH is known.

(Teb Tengri) #4

I’m not, I’m looking to see if I can do the opposite.

(Teb Tengri) #5

@PaulL it’s obviously broken down by digestion, I mean endogenous in the blood already or inejcted. Not via oral route.

Basically I’m looking to see if DPP-4 or something similar breaks it down and if so, what natural or prescription items inhibit the enzyme that degrades HGH.

(Teb Tengri) #6

@anon81060937 I’d use octreotide if I wanted to reduce HGH levels.

You said you wanted to inactivate HGH…

Anyways.

Niacinamide(no flush) is the safest supplement if you’d like to go the supplemental route but some of these inpure supplements increase hunger.

Thorne niacinamide is the highest quality supplement from my experiments.

Are you looking to increase immune system cells by increasing growth hormone?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8

He did not say that, he was only asking about the mechanism.

Did you mean degradation?

Note: On growth hormone binding, GHR is ubiquitinated, internalized, down-regulated and transported into a degradative or non-degradative pathway.
https://www.uniprot.org/uniprot/P19941

I’ll let you dig deeper.

(Teb Tengri) #10

As I’m in Mexico and they’re not as uptight about giving people free access to all but narcotics and antibiotics I was looking for ways to make Saizen HGH last longer.

As with my sitagliptin example: DPP-4 inhibitors increase growth hormone releasing hormone levels. I was hoping something similar could increase the half-life of GH or IGF-1.

Growth hormone is pricey and has a half life of minutes. If a 2IU injection could result in 3IU worth of results by adding a cheaper, relatively side effect free pharmaceutical, it would be great.

I asked about degradation of GH in order to search for methods to slow it down/inhibit it. The article linked seems more what happens to GH and the Growth Hormone Receptor after it binds to it.

You had me a HGH, now that I read fully I don’t know… BUT got some GHRH in the fridge! Good for everything! hahaha.

The half life is short because of circulating free fatty acids. The biological half life is many hours in those with very low adipose tissue.

Niacin(full flush) reduces circulating free fatty acids and also stimulates growth hormone release. Maybe you’d like to experiment by adding a little bit of niacin?

(Teb Tengri) #13

Isnt it less that FFAs actually degrade HGH and more that they blunt GH secretion due to GHRH?

And there are other studies where niacin or acipimox(niacin derivative as I understand it) both increase GH secretion.

I don’t think niacin would necessarily increase the half life of exogenous GH but would be an excellent candidate for someone like @lfod14 who has GHRH.

@lfod14 you may also be interested in DPP-4 inhibitors making GHRH more effective in addition to niacing and acipimox.

I’ll use 2IU for 2 months or so which is usually when my IGF-1 stabilizes, then add niacin and see if my levels change at all.

(Bunny) #14

HGH is secreted by the pituitary gland (high glucose blocks it) which also stimulates the hypothalamus to secrete more DHEA .

The liver takes HGH and turns it into IGF-1 (insulin growth like factor), and will release that (if exogenous glucose/carbohydrate intake is low enough?) rather than the pancreas releasing insulin when you eat something and you do not exceed a certain carbohydrate threshold e.g. 20-50 grams.

Pituitary-Hypothalamus-Adrenal-Axis (also known as HPA-Axis):

HGH also works with the components that make up adrenaline to tell the body to release lipid droplets from adipose cells (your burning/oxidizing body fat along with dietary fat which mostly happens when you sleep REM-delta).

For example if you eat only a little bit of protein, it instructs the alpha cells on the pancrease and stomach lumen to release glucagon rather than insulin (pancreatic beta cells) which then instructs the muscle, liver and adipose cells to release glycogen into the blood stream for the organs that are glucose dependent.

Also beware if you try to take HGH as a supplement; your pituitary gland will stop secreting it and you will dependent on a exogenous or external sources? Not only that you will mess up your entire endocrine system doing so and gain weight in the process or gain back the weight you lost by trying to high dose it with HGH?