Medicines and Vegetable Oils as Hidden Causes of Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes

(charlie3) #1

https://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/446704?fbclid=IwAR3kFktC7WXr0_xR1hLzLo1BQNgys8Kgknh68YXjE-iTYmRkv9SSBnpSzOM

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #2

These vegetable oils and medicines such as statin and warfarin share, in part, a common mechanism to inhibit vitamin K2-dependent processes, which was interpreted to lead to increased onset of CVD, DM, chronic kidney disease, bone fracture and even mental disorder.

That’s some scary stuff and it’s almost four years old.

Buried somewhere in there, is that warfarin started out as a pesticide…

(charlie3) #3

Two years ago I wasn’t finding people familiar with the word keto. Today I don’t encounter anyone who has not heard it and mosty knows what it means. May be the health and medical communities will acknowledge low carb intelligently or find themselves not part of the conversation about health.

(Bunny) #4

Medicines and Vegetable Oils as Hidden Causes of Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes

Vegetable oil is real scary stuff when you add lots of sugar to it, the same with saturated fat.

Never blame the sugar only the fat?

(bulkbiker) #5

Oh dear… seriously?

(bulkbiker) #6

(Bunny) #7

Seriously eating too much sugar and saturated fat and that includes unsaturated fats, they don’t mix!

I’m sure you will be the first one to prove me wrong?

Like seriously this forum would not be here and there would be no such a thing as a ketogenic diet!

Some people have a hard time getting it through there thick noggin that we are talking about a low sugar diet when we are talking about a ketogenic diet and has nothing to do with eating limitless amounts of fat.

You eat too much fat you will get fat no matter what kind of fat you eat? Same with carbohydrates?

Seriously let’s use our brain and think?

(Ellenor Bjornsdottir) #8

When was your brain transplant?

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #9

There’s good SF, think rib eye and bacon. And there’s bad SF… Think ’ Crisco ’ and margarine.

(bulkbiker) #10

Ah so you meant to say “sugar combined with saturated fat” but didn’t… ok but why make the fat distinction and not just say “fat and sugar combined are awful” then everything becomes so much clearer…

(Bunny) #11

Partially hydrogenated and fully hydrogenated polyunsaturated fats; an attempt to make a synthetic saturated fat[1]?

(Bunny) #12

This is proof brain transplants don’t work especially if you don’t know how to use one, once transplanted:

Since your last colon transplant from not eating resistant starch, when was your last colon cancer screening?

•The more meat you eat, the more cancer precursor MicroRNA’s are produced in the lower Colon; the only known antidote is dietary resistant starch[2] which reverses the process and decreases MicroRNA’s in numbers more than significantly.

References:

[1] MicroRNAs as Biomarkers in Colorectal Cancer

[2] ”…“Red meat and resistant starch have opposite effects on the colorectal cancer-promoting miRNAs, the miR-17-92 cluster,” said Karen J. Humphreys, PhD, a research associate at the Flinders Center for Innovation in Cancer at Flinders University in Adelaide, Australia. “This finding supports consumption of resistant starch as a means of reducing the risk associated with a high red meat diet.” …” …More

[3] “…MicroRNAs (miRNAs) encoded by the miR - 17 - 92 cluster and its paralogs are known to act as oncogenes. Expression of these miRNAs promotes cell proliferation, suppresses apoptosis of cancer cells, and induces tumor angiogenesis. …” …More

[4] “…Dr. Grace Liu. (Butyrate taken via butter doesn’t make it to the colon, it’s absorbed by the body long before then - so RS empowers the colon’s Butyrate production - which in turn supports the immune system and metabolism). …” …More

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #13

Why didn’t our pre-agriculture ancestors all die from colon cancer?

Meats

There have been numerous research studies claiming to tie red meat to cancer (particularly colon cancer), however, these were weak epidemiological studies, and are not representative of results in the field as a whole. The fact is that studies of meat and cancer yield very mixed results. Many studies show no connection at all between meat and cancer, and some studies even show a protective benefit. There is simply no solid scientific evidence to support the belief that red meat increases cancer risk.

(bulkbiker) #14

Must have been the pounds of resistant starch they were ingesting…? :nauseated_face:

(Central Florida Bob ) #15

How can a fully hydrogenated PUFA not be a saturated fat? The definition of fully saturated is that there are no more double bonds that can be hydrogenated.

I used to think I was too much of a pedantic asshole until I started visiting some groups on groups.io. I’ve been shown just how laid back I am.

(charlie3) #16

If you avoid everything everybody warns against you starve to death if the deydration doesn’t get you first. i don’t know what’s ultimately correct. i’ve taken my stand, low carb, ignoring saturated fat and LDL but sticking to whole foods, a non startchy vegetable meal with olive oil, a meat and fish meal then HB eggs and ice coffee with heavy cream for comfort food. I’m still trying to add some muscle which calls for excess calories but the best I can manage right now is a couple hundred calories short of maintenance. Haven’t had hunger or binge issues since Christmas with the family.

What many people don’t know is that vegetable oils are added to animal/fish feed. It’s not only important to avoid junk food but also to avoid eating animals which are fed man made junk food.