Meat or Zero Carb May 2018

(Monica Piccirillo) #1

Just started my adventure into Zero Carb. Basically a “non optimal” carnivore WOE—I include eggs, sour cream and cheese! I was giving myself way to much wiggle room in the carb department. Now, if it doesn’t come from something that had a Mom, it won’t be on my plate.
I’m hoping some of you friends would be willing to jump in and join me. Sharing your story, what’s working for you, inspiration and generally helping out (especially the vets-if you have time!)
I’m tracking my intake—either in ounces (between 1–1 1/2 pounds) or grams (112–168) daily. From reading here and ZC groups on FB that seems to be the average range. I’m not adding extra fat —using sour cream as a dip and a swipe of butter to fix my morning omelette.
I actually started this on Saturday. I had been doing Keto/low carb since November.
Anybody?? smile
I’ve never started a conversation here—so bear with my ignorance if I’m not posting properly—and feel free to correct me—I won’t be offended!

Question about zc
(Sondra Rose) #2

Congrats! I’m hoping more Keto folk will come over to “The Dark Side”!

Make sure you eat fatty meat, if you arent adding fat. Ribeyes, chuck eyes and 80/20 burger are good.

Also, eat to satiety, even if you are documenting amounts.

Have fun! Going Carnivore has made life so much easier for me. :slight_smile:

(TJ Borden) #3

Love that

(TJ Borden) #4

I had pretty much cut out veggies until my wife started keto. Now I’ve been making dinner for the both of us and have added more veggies in (I don’t see her going carnivore anytime soon). I’d like to get back to ZC. Like you, I’m not sure I’d do it without dairy, but last year at this time I would have said I couldn’t live without bread either.

(Steve ricci ) #5

I myself am mostly ZC, easier than Keto. Depending on the individual even the sugar from veggies can trigger cravings. I keep my carbs to %2 or less and that gives me a little wighle room too. I enjoy the simplicity of my meal. I see alot of beautiful dishes but for me to busy. I don’t want to see food as a creation but something i must eat to live. This is just a personal preference

(Monica Piccirillo) #6

Thanks Sondra! I’ve read your posts in other conversations and they are always helpful. I have “clean your plate” and self control issues (pathetic at the age of 62!). So my full signal is whacky! That’s my reasoning for tracking and portioning. Someday I’ll grow up” and become responsible!

(Monica Piccirillo) #7

Awesome about your wife and Keto! I only miss the “visual” of variety on my plate. I’m making up for it by having my meat, cheese slice and sour cream “dip” spaced on the plate—psychological win!

(Steve ricci ) #8

Your not the only one with the clean the plate, it sucks but that’s how i was raised. I think its an old school thing were food was not wasted, money did not grow in trees. I fight that all the time. That’s what’s great about ZC, i can load my plate up.

(Monica Piccirillo) #9

I so agree on the simplicity of ZC. Not only in eating but shopping and clean up, too!

Ps. I will figure out how to reply to multiple people instead of clogging up the feed!

(Sheri Knauer) #10

Ive been eating mostly carnivore since mid January of this year. I do have some roasted cauliflower on occasion because I really love it. Other than that, I stick to meat, dairy, coffee, and I do use spices and herbs. For the month of may Im going to give up dairy just to see how I do and mix things up (Ive been keto since Aug 2016). I do feel better since ditching the veggies, a lot less bloat.

(Steve ricci ) #11

Exactly, though stick with salt and pepper %90 of the time. I do occasionally have my cheat meal and oh boy its pizza heaven.

(Karen) #12

I might join you. Two days here, mostly meat!

K

(migorstmarseille) #13

I’m in. I’ve been mostly ZC since March and feel much better. I’ve finally dropped some weight after a year-plus stall. I love the simplicity of ZC. I just bought 1/4 cow and am loving the freshness of local, grass-fed beef. Let’s do this!

(Karen) #14

Yesterday
Breakfast - 2 eggs, pork belly, butter, coffee, 4,T HWC
Lunch - rib eye, 4 T avocado ( rest went off), 1 T butter
Dinner - carnitas on 1 c greens, 6 olives, 1/4 c sour cream

Up 2 lbs this morning :rage::rage::rage:

K

(Monica Piccirillo) #15

Fluctuation? I weigh every day on my Aria scale which is tied to my Fitbit—it gives me an average at the end of the week—which makes those up days not so frustrating! Great menu! Do you measure your food?
@migorstmarseille good to hear about feeling better. In which way?

ZC a couple months, I switched to smaller size plate.

(Monica Piccirillo) #17

Great idea! I would “see” a full plate! I do make my hamburger patty as big as I can—which also helps.

(Karen) #18

Today
Breakfast - 2 oz pork belly, 3 eggs, coffee, 4T HWC
Lunch - 5 oz sirlion, avocado
Dinner -sheep herders cheese, 2eggs,2 bacon

Tired, tough day

K

(Rob) #19

Is this a ZC cheat (a vegetable-ish) or valid due to its negligible carbs?

(Karen) #20

Good question as it is a fruit :wink:. I use it for fiber.

K