meat

(Troy) #1

:grimacing:

Well, let’s ask Mikhaila Peterson her thoughts :wink:

Starts at the 18:20 time stamp
Good stuff!!:heart_eyes:

Enjoy

LOL I love it!

and it is the truth of it all. No one cares about much nowadays from my opinion about ‘fixing the world’ as we keep destroying it on so many serious levels daily.

There is a monster go around with agriculture devastation and animal husbandry practices and more that impact environment.

To tell you the truth it is just annoying as heck at this point to even try to debate this one over and over.

I also think that if more people get healthy, fix troubles that plague them, hey in that bunch might be a person that stands up and does take notice of issues in the world and sets out to correct them :slight_smile: Healthier people are proactive in their environment around them but if one is truly in a bad medical state, one can’t do too much. But I also would do whatever it takes to get healthy thru almost any means if needed.

Loved her answer :slight_smile:

(Jane Srygley) #3

That was great! I worry about environmental issues quite a bit but I have to prioritize my health. Fracking produces a ridiculous amount of methane! I do what I can to emphasize grass-fed and I just started to eat bison even though that’s pricey. I love that it’s an animal that’s been around for so long unchanged and there are some really good sources in my area.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

Peter Ballerstedt and Alan Savory have quite a bit to say about the detrimental effects of mono-crop agriculture on the environment. Peter’s figures on how much crop land would be needed in order to turn the world’s population vegetarian are staggering. Cropland is a small part of the land suitable for agriculture, apparently. Soil depletion is another significant issue, when food animals no longer graze the land and replenish it with their droppings. Fertilizing the land in their absence uses an enormous amount of fossil fuel. If Peter is correct, then raising meat is going to be absolutely essential to the survival of the race, for its environmental benefits, if for no other reason.

(Edith) #5

This is easy for me to say as a viewer and not someone who is on the spot answering interview questions, but a way to tie her interest to society and the environment could include something like curing people of their health problems through diet and getting them off their meds is better for society on the whole and keeps meds out of the environment, water supply, etc.

Also, I think that as a carnivore spokesperson, she should have something prepared about sustainable agriculture. I’m sure she will/does get asked those kind of questions a lot.

From a performance point of view, Gundry made a better impression. He was much more personable. (Although, disappointed to see him put meat at the peak of his pyramid.) Mikaela needs to smile more. That kind of stuff matters to the general public.

agreed on that point for sure

good post.

I also think ‘those who defend’ all the time get jaded. Heck I am on this forum to found very fast I need to seriously defend my carnivore thinking LOL Yes I am smiling but at some point does the defense of it all ruin the ‘tv time’ of a person. Yea to me it will.

but was the producer or whomever signaling that the whole video time was over and wrap it up in one sentence? Not sure on it at all?

ahhh things we will never know LOL and yes stuff just like that drives me nutso HA

just some points I do have on it all

(Tony ) #7

I think any impact has to do on where you live. I live in Qld, Australia, here there are climate extremes from deep rainforest to vast areas of very dry countryside. The good land and rainfall tends to be close to the coast with small other inland patches. A large amount of the good land was taken many years ago for veggies and fruit crops, the Qld govt rightly locked up the rest of it, mainly mountainous areas as parks and forests. The rest is severely subject to rainfall during the year. You have read about the big forest fires here in Oz, its a regular thing, we get periods of very heavy rainfall one year, causing plants to grow rapidly in the heat then years of little or no rain at all, and it all all goes up in flames. Its so natural that many plants here Have to be burnt or else their seeds cannot become viable. So this cycle is normal, this place is dry, so what can the land be used for ? Well we have vast areas of treed grasslands and dry forests and little water. Of course the answer is animals. Thats why beef and sheep are in vast numbers thoughout Australia. Of course there are large flatter areas growing grains here, as grains can also be somewhat resistant to drought, but that doesn’t suit the more hilly terrains and anyway wheres theres grain areas all the trees and other vegetation have been destroyed. The reality is that cattle and sheep fit in very well with this environment and its almost impossible if not totally impossible to grow any type of crops in vast areas here. Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in dream state. As a side note if you here that crap argument about cows and methane, consider this - Australia is full of Gum Trees ( Eucalyptus Trees ) All parts of them are totally full of oils, they are continuously releasing hydrocarbons into the atmosphere, so much so that in some areas the atmosphere is coloured by them. ( ref Blue Mountains, NSW ) . There are billions of gum trees in Australia. Why worry about cattle…

I like that she is honest about her answer and focussed about her aims for her dietary approach.

(Jane Srygley) #9

I totally agree. I think her answer was pretty inadequate, quite frankly. Basically, yeah, I wanna be healthy so who gives a fuck about climate change. I wanna be healthy too but I actually do care a LOT about that issue! I have actually heard that grazing animals are incredibly good for the environment. I think I’ve also heard that the grain the animals are fed is responsible for a lot of their methane emissions. If we raise and harvest cattle, bison, etc., on the same land, I have to think that would be both healthy and sustainable for humans. That is the kind of message she should be spreading instead of just ignoring the real question.

A quick search got me this article. I’m at work or I’d look harder!