Meal Frequency and Times

newbies

(Cari McAskill) #62

Continuing the discussion from Meal Frequency and Times:

For take along foods (late to work, grab it as you go out the door) there are some good keto muffin recipes out there – I make a pecan spice one that’s loosely based on Melissa Sevigny (ibreatheimhungry). Bonus: if you’re cooking for one, you can freeze them.

Since usually a breakfast or work break where people need a convenience type food, fat bombs might also be good, or even just bacon or jerky if you’re all into the meatsnacks.

Do people have other suggestions? I was thinking maybe those little egg-breakfast things you bake in a muffin pan… Does anyone know if they’re good/ok/awful when nuked, though?

Just getting it out there since it was mentioned by multiple people-- I know I have put a lot of time into cooking, and it’s rough when life gets busy.

I put together a muffin tin with egg, cheese, scallion tops, and whatever meat item (bacon, sausage, even leftover something). usually pepper or some other seasoning as well.
so less of a “muffin” and more of a “breakfast lump” - i find they freeze/nuke well and are really handy for a quick option.

peace