MCT Oil - do you take it?

(Michelle) #1

As a newbie, I kind of resisted MCT oil, and thought I would be good with just food. But, I’ve read more and more on benefits of MCT and am convinced now that I have to have 2 T a day. I had a 4.7 reading on my blood ketone monitor yesterday, and I fully attribute higher reading to MCT oil (and maybe the berberine plus supplement too for reducing blood glucose??) Not sure, but MCT is supposed to help product ketones.

As a newbie, do you do MCT oil??

(Tom Seest) #2

I’m not a newbie, but I took MCT when I was a newbie. Too me, it’s almost more important then, as you don’t want your brain to be miserable with all the adaptions that are going on, so giving the brain an adequate, continual source of proteins is more important.

Now, that I’m experienced or more aged, I tend to use it more when I feel like I’m going to be in physically or emotionally stressful times, for the exact same reason. I want the brain to have a steady supply.

(Ashley Haddock) #3

I’m not a newbie either but I use coconut oil almost daily. I’ve considered MCT oils but I use coconut oil for other reasons besides just the MCTs themselves. I may try mixing them in in the future. I think both have great health benefits.

(Kirsten Jordan) #4

I am a newbie and I do use it. I use it in my coffee every morning and I’m not sure if it really wakes me up or keeps me alert but I have noticed that I have less sleepy brain fog in the morning. I also like that It doesn’t taste like anything as some coconut oils have too strong of a taste. All in all I like it.

(Roberto) #5

i took too much mct a few weeks ago… i guess some people need to move up slowly-- now i use only a dropper bottle and am up to 7 drops a day… It was a doozy after the overdose

(Michelle) #6

oh yes, I have heard the effects of too much!!! working up slowing is the way to go.

(Karen Fricke) #7

The biggest difference is that coconut oil has MCT and also long chain triglycerides, the long chain helps more with satiety. So if you have BPC for breakfast and skip lunch, coconut oil will help more.

(Larry Lustig) #8

A year in and have never used it (just recently bought my first small jar of coconut oil). The more I hear about MCT oil and the difficulties people have eating it the less it sounds like something I would want to ingest.

(Michelle) #9

I posted this in another string too, but here’s Dr. Berger’s response to my question about MCT, higher ketone readings and does it correlate to being fat adapted. I had 4.7 reading yesterday on blood ketone monitor and pretty sure that’s because of this MCT.

I usually use coconut oil because I prefer the taste. I’ve tried MCT oil, but it’s always tasted slightly rancid to me (noticeable even in a veggie shake with turmeric). If I try another one, I’ll probably try one of the MCT oil powders.

(outlawpirate) #11

Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil has no taste at all. It’s more expensive than some other brands, though.

(Leslie) #12

Agreed.

My day starts at 4am every morning, and between my cross- tunnel commute and walking into a situation where I’ll have to do computations pertinent to patient health and diagnostics… I need all of the cognitive assistance I can (be it placebo or actual).

Personally, I think MCT oil helps with alertness and I make it a part of my morning staple routine- right up there with oil pulling and drinking sole water elixir.

That’s good to know there’s one with no taste, and the price per serving isn’t much higher the powder I was looking at on Amazon.

(Faizal Jitnaree) #14

MCT oil made from Refined Coconut RBD (Cooking Oil) , I think it’s unhealthy

(Mother of Puppies ) #15

Cognitive benefits!! I’m noticing them!! So happy rn!!

(Bob M) #16

This does not seem to affect me as much as other MCT oils. For other MCT oils, even at teaspoon levels, I have gastrointestinal issues.