MCT - is oil or powder better?

(less is more, more or less) #22

I love seeing such things here. It is easier to make this change if you reduce complexity.

(Ellen ) #23

I used a teaspoon of MCT oil yesterday and felt so bad afterwards. Headaches and anxiety. I’ve read so many articles about the benefits of MCT oil, it’s a shame that for me it was not pleasant. I will put it aside and try again in a week or two.

(Allie) #24

Try less next time, half a teaspoon. It’s far from essential so if it doesn’t work for you don’t worry.

(Ellen ) #25

Thanks Allie. I think I’ll forget MCT.

(Bob M) #26

I’ve tried the oils three times, and each time gave up. Some people can handle them, but I can’t.

(linda) #27

Hey --what about using Coconut oil instead since MCT oil is a derivative?

PS – I’ve had good energy results from the MCT oil - but much like the power there is a process to get it to the finished product… There isn’t an MCT growing off a tree like an olive :slight_smile: But here is the convenience and - well - the marketing!

I was just thinking the same - I’m going to switch for the coconut oil I have already. It makes for tasty coffee, just have to mix it much more.

(less is more, more or less) #29

While your checking whether powdered or liquid is better, Dr. Paul Mason, in the podcast above, provides some interesting insight that suggests that MCT for non-therapeutic use (there is very interesting development in exogenous ketones and brain function and therapy, but that doesn’t mean more = good) is more of a problem than a helper for the average user.

The rush for MCT reminds me of when fiber was way over-hyped.

(Keto life n' a little hippie ) #30

I only have MCT oil, and the oil is taste less and have no sweetening added. Works great in coffee. I use 1 tbs of mct oil and one tbs of coconut oil. If I feel crazy I also add a splash of heavy cream to the coffee. Taste is awesome and fatty coffee help me getting enough fat per day.

Have not tried the mct powder.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #31

Can you recommend a good one that’s available to us Brits?
I don’t usually do MCT oil in general, but I’m going away and staying in a hotel in the next couple of weeks, and would like to have some to pop in my coffee just in case I need it

(Allie) #32

I’ve bought the Quest version on Amazon a couple of times as it’s the only one I could find without nasties in, but they hiked up the price so I’ve not bought it since.

(Allie) #33

This one looks OK based on the info.

I have both, oil is better for some stuff, powder for others. There’s really not one better or worse than the other.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #35

Awesome I overlooked this one on my search. Will definitely reconsider now thank you :blush:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #36

Thank you Allie! :kissing_heart:
I’m not sure I’ll need it but I’d like to go prepared :joy: it’s a weird feeling trying to give up the control of knowing when/how I’ll eat while I’m away!

I was using Perfect Keto salted caramel powder. It has some carbs in it but since I’ve run out I’ve rather missed it. I wanted to avoid the stevia it contains. However, having a pre-work coffee with this, butter and double cream felt like an indulgence I deserved. It’s around the £40 mark but I’ve already decided to get some more. There are plain, vanilla and chocolate flavours too x