Mayonaise on a carnivore diet

(Susan) #22

@Elizedge

Wow, is that a sad story, though very very well written and even handed. I can’t find any reason to be beligerant or insulting when talking to someone on the web. (Or any other time, come to think of it.) It’s just not that important what someone you don’t know thinks - certainly not enough to be rude! An acknowledged mistake is just a mistake, not a change in your WOE.

I am fortunate enough that I don’t have arthritis or anything else that changes in my health between keto and carnivore, so I don’t see a reason not to try adding in other (keto) things once I’ve been on carnivore long enough (a month?) and see what happens. I just wasn’t losing weight on keto and thought I’d try carnivore before going back to the SAD (minus processed sugary foods) and my diabetes meds. I lost a net of 5 lbs on a year and a half of keto. Boy am I glad I switched to carnivore! I’ve been on it a week and lost 5 lbs. WOO HOO! Fingers crossed that this trend continues. After a month I’ll try ‘carnivore adjacent’ and see if my weight loss stalls or I notice health changes. I have noticed I’ve been sleeping a little less time and feeling just as awake in the morning. That might be carnivore and if that changes when I add something, it might be enough to keep me on carnivore. I’ve got no dairy now and that will be my first add once I’ve lost about 10 lbs.