MAY 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Jody) #198

Friday I successfully completed a ~40 hour fast, then Mon rolled around and I was struggling, so broke at 24 hours, then did another 24 on Tues. It’s my week for aunt flow, so I’m thinking I’ll just do 5 days OMAD, the see if I can pick up my 42X3 next week. Just going with what my body is telling me and this week it’s screaming to eat.

(Jennifer) #199

Once I stick with OMAD, I sleep much better. Left to my own devices, I get up a few times a night and EAT in my half asleep state… Sometimes, I remember. Sometimes, I don’t. If I don’t, then I usually find evidence of my middle of the night sins. The worst were the couple times I must’ve eaten Oreos in the middle of the night, and I awoke with nasty brown mess all in my teeth. Somehow, IFing solves that. Weird.

(Jody) #200

I see myself going to OMAD once I hit maintenance, but with my T2D I gotta keep mixing it up. I do love IF.

(Allie) #201

Yes this for me too.

(Susan) #202

Zornfast for May is starting tomorrow. I am sorry I don’t know how to make a link here or I would.

Here ya go Susan… Link provided below.

(Carol) #204

Hello May Fasters! I’ve been trying to catch up in other parts of the forum but have missed this thread. I can’t even remember where I left off? So, moving forward I’m 56 hours fasted and know when a friend visits on Friday, I will be eating. That’s all I know for now. I’m having a new journey of listening to the body when it speaks to me and for now, I’m going to roll with it and see how it goes.

So, I’m going to miss the ZornFast but I’m still getting some fasting in and I’m okay with that. Go team fasters! :slight_smile:

(traci simpson) #205

I’m pretty hungry this morning. I have my usual coffee w/butter but I’m feeling like I want to eat. Maybe I’ll have another cup of coffee??

(Jody) #206

Try salt on the tongue? But yes, I always go for more coffee too!

(Tamela Robinette) #207

Hello everyone! How is everyone doing? I believe I have finally found my magic bullet for breaking through my plateau that I have been battling since early March. This morning I am at 135.4, my lowest weight ever since going keto January 1! I am certainly going to have to reevaluate my goal because my waist measurement around my belly button (the only measurement I do because it’s the only place I still hold fat) has not budged at 30 inches. I’m assuming I am burning visceral fat and this belly fat will be the last to go. I am over the moon at the weightloss this week though! For anyone who is interested in what I’ve been doing that broke the plateau, I used to eat 2MAD, strictly keto, under 20 grams of carbs a day with mostly 18/6 IF and some longer 24, 36, and even a 66 hour fast sprinkled in. I would lose a pound or so but would overeat during the refeed and gain it back. I also attempted carnivore for a week or so, and did a 3 day “fat fast.” My set point weight seemed to be stuck around 139. I battled it for so long I told myself maybe at my age and being perimenopausal that 139 was as good as it was going to get. I started seriously strength training and actually gained a little (muscle) but must of been losing some fat because I stayed around 139. I haven’t been doing much cardio since my tendonitis flared again in my foot in early April. So what I’ve been doing, 3 weeks ago I switched to OMAD during the week, 2MAD, on Saturday and Sunday. I went camping for 4 days last week and did 2MAD and had some carbage. When I returned from camping, I immediately jumped back into OMAD. I also began adding some light jogging on my treadmill after my strength training. VERY light jogging, I certainly don’t get out of breath and only do 2 miles. I usually run all out for 5 to 8 miles so this is a true dial back. I believe the combination of OMAD, the light jogging and the few days of carbage reset my metabolism and triggered my body to begin releasing fat again. I am hoping to see this belly fat start to disappear and then I can continue to focus on strength and toning. This is what has worked for my body and I just wanted to share in case it helps someone else. Happy fasting all!

(traci simpson) #208

Well, can’t have it because I left my FAT at home on the counter. UGH

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #209

16h into what i Hope to be 24 or 36h. Going to combat classes tonight. finally, after about 6 weeks of constantly having some other thing going on on thursdays.

(Mame) #210

Well I had a long eating window yesterday, traveling and not having enough fat was messing with me. but the scale was in my usual range. Work travel is now over for awhile.

I am at 12 hours fasted and will go to at least sometime on Friday or maybe I will do the zornfast and go until sometime on Sunday? I am not sure. I want to balance being nice to myself with getting some good resetting/fasting in as I leave for my personal vacation on late Sunday May 26th… I think I still have ‘airplane’ brain. lol

(hottie turned hag) #211

I’ve been on this forum obsessively :crazy_face: for weeks and JUST NOW found this thread?! It’s so down my alley. * waves* hi guys and gals

I’ve been an eat once/24h (not 20/4, once/24h; I am a glutton and have no prob shoveling it all in within 30 min :no_mouth:) since I began in Aug 2017. I’ve gone 48h many times and 72 prob 10 or so times.

I made a thread a week or more ago re: going beyond 24h had suddenly become far more difficult when formerly it had been very easy (I am close to goal weight; 116lb as of a few weeks ago, goal is 110, not weighing again til end of month) and the advice all round was to up fat, I did, and last week ate M/W/F/Su easy THEN…ate M/T/W :expressionless: wth!

So I’m now determined to recommence once/48h (until end of the month) so shall use this thread to keep me on track. With my obsessive disorder, immersing myself in such a topic helps.

Not sure why I had such appetite M/T/W this week that led to the unplanned eating; don’t like :disappointed:

ETA: scrolling through I saw @Robinette71’s photos OMG you two are stunning! Both of you, honestly! Gorgeous couple.

(hottie turned hag) #212

Sorry for two posts in a row, just saw this, @Hardrock_keto_chick I understand, I was reared by a (truly, not exaggerating) sadistic Mother whom I am very glad has been dead for decades. Mother’s Days are not my gig either * hug* :purple_heart:

(Tamela Robinette) #213

Awwwe thank you blue, that’s so sweet❤

(hottie turned hag) #214

@Robinette71 nope just #truth

I was away for a few days with friends and while I stuck to low carb (mostly–I had one day where I ate a lot of low carb junk food and was up around 45-50g and another day around 40g), everything related to TRE and IF was out the window. But I had no plans on doing that, so that’s okay. I gained about 3 lbs. over the four days.

Ended up doing OMAD on my first day home and not even eating much. Then 18:8 and a good solid day of eating yesterday to set myself up for a successful fast starting today. If I can I’ll go until Saturday morning, but I’ll see how I feel tomorrow. I don’t have much food in the house and my gas is getting shut off tomorrow afternoon and evening due to some construction, so dinner options are going to be pretty minimal regardless.

I love all the discussions about the crazy-pants mothers. Mine wasn’t great either. She’s a reasonable adult, so things are okay now, but failed completely at mothering. I was talking with my step-sister over the weekend about some of this stuff. She said that she realized she had terrible sleep habits in part because her mother never fed them dinner at a reasonable hour, so they never had a bed time. (My mom used to feed us at 7pm and then want us to go to bed at 8:30pm. Way earlier than her mom, but still a total failure at reasonable scheduling.)

Anyway, my sister noticed she continued like that as an adult, so she ate dinner late and then would be up half the night. Recently she’s been trying to fix this. I discovered the same thing for myself last year in trying to fix sleep habits–I was eating dinner at all kinds of crazy late hours. Even just restricting dinner to before 8pm meant I would want to go to sleep by midnight.

So, all these years later, we’re still trying to overcome incompetent parenting and how it affects fundamental health issues.

(Tamela Robinette) #216

It is crazy how much our mothers affect our daily lives years later!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #217

OMG… we were always staying up to 9pm, waiting for dad to come home from work and bring some kind of takeout home and going to bad at 11 pm or so on school nights… :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Wow I had totally forgotten about this pattern. Maybe why I always feel like I have to eat something shortly before going to bed, even when not hungry… it is incredible how much stuff comes to the surface, little by litte…