May ZornFast 2019

(IDM Educator) #1

May ZornFast, Thursday, May 16th through Sunday May 19th. Here we go, guys! Join me! We will be here to support you and answer your questions. Let us know what type of fast you have decided to do with us. Are you practicing meal timing? 16/8? 18/6? Excellent. Are you learning intermittent fasting? Every other day? Extended days? Multi-day? All 4 days? Fantastic. The choice is yours.
The ZornFast is always the third Thursday of every month through the following Sunday. You may choose any type or length of fast you wish, or simply practice meal timing and use the support here to learn.
Everyone is welcome.
I started practicing monthly fasts February of 2016 and I still gain great benefit.
Join if you’d like, on whichever days you choose, we’ll support each other here.
I always do a water fast. (water/ black coffee & tea). The definition of a fast is open to your interpretation and needs. Some will need to do a fat fast. There are benefits to that type of fast as well.

I fast to target visceral (organ) fat and to promote autophagy, fasting also releases HGH for muscle growth. I follow Dr. Jason Fung. Matter of fact, his book “The Obesity Code ” is what started my venture into fasting nearly three years ago.
Because of the ketogenic diet I am no longer diabetic. Fasting managed to further improve my health dramatically since I have included it in my health regime. It has increased my insulin sensitivity.

Oh hey guys, try not to talk about food on this thread. I know it is tempting to discuss the foods you plan to break your fast with, but it can actually cause hunger in those reading your post (including me!) Thank you.

You may want to include this drink during your fast (or some version of it). I drink 2 bottles a day while fasting.
KetoAide homemade: 290 mg sodium 350 mg potassium 75 mg magnesium

KetoAide homemade (ketoade) recipes, Recipes, RECIPES

KetoAide homemade (ketoade) recipes, Recipes, RECIPES

Messages and comments from me (Brenda, your fearless leader) and other members will be posted below!

Zornfast for may 2019
MAY 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME
(Khara) #2

I just noticed you also seem to be discerning between a shortened eating window and intermittent fasting. It sorta drives me nuts to call a 16/8 time restricted eating window an intermittent fast. I know that breakfast is technically breaking our overnight fast, it just doesn’t really feel like fasting to me, it feels more like being responsible with my eating habits. Your thoughts? How do you say this or describe it when talking to people? (I know I’m kind of splitting hairs here, it’s what my brain does.:nerd_face:)

And, right now I’m time restricted eating 17/7. Not sure I’ll be ready this month for anything longer and will also be at a conference. Could be a good way to avoid the carb crap but not sure I want to risk not feeling well. So… on the fence. I haven’t extended fasted for a year and a half. :expressionless:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #3

So we can join this group if we are doing time restricted eating?

(Hyperbole- it’s the best thing in the universe! ) #4

I’m in

(Murphy Kismet) #5

I’m in.

(Jacques Godbout) #6

Me too Please, I’am in :wink:
Never done a fast for more than a day so be gentle I will try LOL

(Yvi Cvg) #7

Dear Brenda, I have read so much about you I’m excited to join your fast!

(KCKO, KCFO) #8

Well I am ready to rock and roll this Zornfast.

Welcome to any new fasters. Just relax and enjoy the ride. Do your own thing. If you can’t fast the whole time or start/stop on time it is all good. Just do what your body and mind allows you to do. This group is all about the support of fasting, any fasting. Follow Brenda’s suggestions at the top of the thread and Keep Calm, Fast On.

(Marie Drake) #9

I started the Zorn fast (on the IDM website) Sunday night and I’m shooting for 7 days. I’ve done some 3x48 and 11 or 12 five-day fasts but those five day ones were not just black coffee, plain tea and water/electrolytes. During those I used cream and did not get lasting results (2 years ago). I proved, once again, that terminal uniqueness is a myth. :grin: So now I’m 35 hours in to a 168 hour fast and feeling great. Heading to my HIIT workout #2 of this fast. Brenda you are inspiring me and thank you. Bring in the HGH, autophagy and healing. Happy Fasting to all!

(Hyperbole- it’s the best thing in the universe! ) #10

Ok, just started, Wednesday afternoon. Goal is 96 hours. My last long fast was 74 hours with a 37 hour chaser two days later.

(Hyperbole- it’s the best thing in the universe! ) #11

I want to eeeeaaaaatttttt… but I’m not actually hungry. So, I just chomped a small slice of ginger. It worked! It’s rather an assault on the senses. It used to make me sick to my stomach as a kid, even teenager. Somewhere along the line that changed.

(Susan) #12

I’m in

(Not a cow) #13

I’m ready for a 24 hour fast, I’m with you guys !

(KCKO, KCFO) #14

Finished with dinner at 6 PM so in fasting mode currently. I went out in the garden and attacked some weeds, they faught back, so my eyes became itchy and watery. Went in and took two antihistamine pills so I will be getting too sleepy to type soon. Also took a cool shower it got into the 80s F here today.

Hope everyone is doing well and KCFO.

(Melissa Sellers) #15

I’m in

Zornfast for may 2019
(George) #16

I’m in, lines up with my planned fasting schedule this week anyway!

(Susan) #17

I just had a bout of diverticulitis and am not fat adapted. I will start Thursday but I don’t know how long I will last. My last meal will be this evening. GL everyone!

I’m in and on 27 hrs, plan is to go till I can’t. Not sure what my weekend looks like so playing by ear. Good luck all

(KCKO, KCFO) #19

Melissa, I see you are new to posting here. Don’t be afraid to ask questions or express concerns since you might not be fat adapted well enough yet. You can fast on any way of eating, but if you are still higher carb, you might have more issues doing it.

All the best to you, keep calm and fast on.

(Marie Drake) #20

I’m feeling great, a day at a time I’m closing in on 7 days/168 hours. I feel so damn good I may go longer. Thanks Brenda Zorn for the serious inspiration!!! I worked out 3 times since I started this fast and walked the dog about an hour a day. And worked my full time job, even going to court to kick some ass earlier in the week (lawyer here). Happy fasting to all!