Mark Sisson gets harshly criticized by Diet Doctor Andreas Eenfeldt

(Steve Stephenson) #41

It’s a fun read, too!

I wonder if he has an idea for a sequel … ?

(Steve Stephenson) #42

The link above is to the abstract; the authors are Forsythe CE, Phinney SD, Fernandez ML, Quann EE, Wood RJ, Bibus DM, Kraemer WJ, Feinman RD, Volek JS.

(Zack F) #43

LOL. You mean that’s not vegan propaganda about “Art and Science of Low Carb Living.” He really did write a sci-fi novel?

edit: I missed part of the thread.

I think CICO propaganda is sci fi!

Such interesting book options will have to look into them

(GINA ) #46

My last birthday cake was made from a recipe on the Diet Doctor site. Is birthday cake superior to a candy bar? Not in my mind.

My “issue” (which really isn’t much of an issue because I don’t really care much) with Sisson is how he changes his professed beliefs when there is a new market to tap into. First it was no “chronic cardio” at all. Long endurance work is bad. Well, people that do endurance runs and triathlons and such things don’t do them just because they think it is efficient exercise. You do it because you love it and it is a lifestyle, so they kept doing it. The MDA forum got an endurance section and eventually out came Primal Endurance- OK, endurance sports are OK, but do it “my way” (which is really Phil Maffetone’s way. Sisson does give him full credit). I bought the book and it is good advice, but mostly contrary to the original Primal Blueprint.

Then there is ketosis. Not necessary in the original Primal Blueprint. He only recommended below 50 carbs to a few people needing weight loss. But Keto kept growing in popularity anyway. So now there is The Keto Reset book. Ketosis is good now, but his way.

Don’t get me wrong, he seems like a good guy when I hear him speak and I still read his stuff, but Primal Blueprint is a business and needs to make money. Just know that.

(Karen Parrott) #47

I don’t think it’s wrong to profit (if it’s not scammy or abusive), expand or change. Marks input into the community was very much needed in 2012 when I came into the space. There wasn’t much Paleo/Primal/ or LCHF/Keto.

It is what it is. I admire Mark for finding a market niche and making a career out of it. None of the non-scammy folks say “This is the only way” they all say try it and see if it works.

I won’t buy his stuff other than books because of the use of dairy and the cost of dressings, bars, etc. for myself. That’s just me. I’m saving money so making my own dressings works better.

If I see someone evolving, even to catch market share, I’m cool with it, better than MLM stuff I’ve seen-IMO>

You absolutely captured what I was thinking. I stumbled across Mark before I found this site last year. I think I got there from Denise Minger. It is nice but a little slick for my taste. I was not keto or paleo in 5 years ago so have no idea of the history. Mark seems very successful at what he does, way more than any of the other people I read which makes me wonder since most other people are not in it for the money as far as I can tell

Again I have nothing against them but he seems like a professional health guru, like Mark Hyman and Joe Mercola neither of whom I follow although I do not disagree with them

(Brian) #49

No dog in this fight. I like my goodies but I make them at home. None of the prepackaged stuff for me.