March Zornfast 3/16 through 3/19 2017

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

This is the week I normally do a fast every month.
This month I am conducting an experiment, my 30 day steak challenge. For this reason I am opting out of a fast at this time. Last month I did a 10 day water fast. I figure I’m ok skipping a fast this month.
:zornface:
By all means, if y’all want to fast, I’ll support you, and I promise, no meaty talk. Lol

(AnnaLeeThal) #2

I did my fast last week when I had the stomach flu. :confused: Not ready to fast again yet. Maybe next month!

Darn…I’m the only one fasting? Oh well, first day done which included a heavy lifting session. Tomorrow’s a cardio day and I’m interested in seeing what happens. I usually lay off the exercise during a fast but I got to stay on track.

(chris.coote) #4

Not the only one… :blush:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #5

Cool. You go guys. I actually miss it. @Rosemarie did the fasting slow down your lifting at all? It did me by day 9, but not too much. I still was able to complete my routine.

I normally lift in the morning a minimum of 14 hours fasted since I practice daily 20/4 IF, my eating window being between 4 and 8 pm.
I lift much better fasted. After several days fasted I did slow down.

I didn’t have any problem with strength or energy during lifting but that was only my first fast day. During prior fasts I would automatically reduce my weight and no problems. However, this morning I definitively struggled during cardio (jogging). I had plenty of energy but my HR was quite elevated, so had to decrease intensity.

Day 2 done! I definitely felt a bit of hunger during the day. On a fat fast I’d usually have a little coconut oil when feeling hungry but I powered through. Now i understand why people say day 2 of a fast is the most difficult. Feeling great today.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #8

That’s fantastic! For me, it’s the 24th hour. IDK why. I’ve figured out how to trick my body though. I make sure I am asleep when the 24th hour arrives! It works really great for me. Glad you powered through. :slight_smile:

Made it to 68h on the water fast. For some reason it felt significantly more difficult than a fat fast. Nevertheless down 3lb in that time. I broke my fast with a taco salad. It’s amazing how good the simplest foods taste after fasting. Now it’s on to intermittent fasting for the rest of the week…I’ve been doing mostly 1 meal per day for the past 3 wks and it seems to be greatly helping with reducing body fat.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #10

That’s a nice amount of time!
How good foods taste after a fast?

Tell me about it. I miss flavors and variety. This is my 20th day eating only black coffee and steak, no spices. Errrrgh. Lol. In many ways it is similar to fasting.

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #11

I ended a high calorie experiment last week, and went into a fast to reset myself. And I’ll decide by the time I get home if I’ll break it tonight or after my workout tomorrow. I’m learning towards tonight. LOL

(Becky Searls) #12

Nice! Great tip!

(Dustin) #13

Lifting and fasting must REALLY help to burn up the sugars?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #14

It burns any stored glycogen that may have accumulated in the muscle first, then fat is used for fuel.
I can tell when it switches, it’s like adding nitrous to a race car.

In wanting to start a water fast if you’d like to.

(AnnaLeeThal) #16

I just completed 77 hours of fasting last week, otherwise I totally would. I’m looking to incorporate more frequent 24-48 hour water only fasts here if possible, but I am waiting on some test results later this week to see if I can do that or not.

(chris.coote) #17

April?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #18

April 20-23
Next week.

I’ll make a new topic :slight_smile: