March ZornFast 2019

(KCKO, KCFO) #21

Hope the toe is healing quickly for you. Nice fasting.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #22

It is feeling much better. Iā€™m currently debating with myself about how much Iā€™ll tell the doctor about my not wearing that stupid splint.

Several years ago I broke my ā€œringā€ toe (4th digit?) and spent $200 just so an orthopedist could say ā€œyep, itā€™s brokenā€ and tell me to tape it to the neighboring toe.

A couple of years ago I did it again on the other foot and just taped them together. It worked again. Saved me $200!

Did you break your big toe? That could be a different issue.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #24

Nope! It was the ring toe. (ā€¦I should get a toe ringā€¦ havenā€™t had one for yearsā€¦)

Thankfully this has only cost me $80 so far, I go back in to get it checked tomorrow. I only went in because it was pointing in the wrong direction.

Iā€™m rather vain about my feet. That and my naturally hairless legs are really my only naturally occurring feminine advantages. And living in a subtropical environment I wear sandals much of the year. My hands are also graceful in motion but can be skeletal and veiny when still.

Anyway, it turned out not to be as painful when he reset it as I feared so maybe next time I walk into something with such verve Iā€™ll DIY that sucker.

Glad to hear some folks got some Fasting in for this Monthā€™s ZornFast. I was planning to Fast myself, but it just didnā€™t work out with all the craziness Iā€™ve been dealing with, such as my Pups Surgery, lack of sleep laying on the living room floor with her all week, etc. (Ended up being OMAD all week instead)

But I am presently Fasting this week, and this will also end my Dairy, Nuts and Chocolate free month I did for the Month of March.

I missed the correct window due to family scheduling. But starting late ainā€™t no big thang plus its waaaay better than no fast at all!

Iā€™ll Probably finish this one tonight @ about bedtime. This one particular ZornFast is planned for 48 hoursā€¦unless I decide to go on another day.

All is well, and Iā€™m really starting to like my KETOaide variant.

(KCKO, KCFO) #27

Update us on how going dairy, nuts and chocolate free month went.

That is a lot to give up all at once. I have done a dairy free month, no great change happened and I just accidentally did 3 weeks nuts, wasnā€™t planned just ended up not eating any in that time period. I have no idea what life without 100% cocao powder is like anymore, nor do I have any desire to do that.

But I love hearing others tales of deprivation :slight_smile:

Will do. Sometime at the end of this week. :slight_smile: And yep, I actually didnā€™t plan the Nuts and Chocolate, just decided to throw them in as well, while doing the Dairy Free. :slight_smile: ā€¦ Does influence meals a bit too.

(Carol) #29

My first Zorn fast completed. :slight_smile: I did a half-fast refeed today and tomorrow it will be a regular TMAD - canā€™t wait for some bacon and eggs.:heart_eyes:

(KCKO, KCFO) #30

Congrats, hope to see you back next month.

(Ashley) #31

Did a 3 day fast during this! Started up my weight loss again. Itā€™s been a few days so I thought Iā€™d gain some water weight back but havenā€™t. Went from 208 to 202 and have stayed there! So close to 199!!!

(Christy) #32

Sorry about that, @collaroygal! Thank you for letting me know :slightly_smiling_face:

I definitely wonā€™t be eating the house down. I suppose youā€™re right, my body will let me know when itā€™s hungry again.

(KCKO, KCFO) #33

I have felt that way at times during extended fasts. Nothing sounds good. But you are correct you need to refeed after any fasting. Donā€™t eat the house down, just eat something. When your body is ready it will let you know.

I just want to remind you that we blur out any food references in the fasting topics. Some people have a really hard time just seeing foods mentioned. If you click into the ā€¦ at the end of your post, you will see a pencil icon, that is for editing. The editor box will come up and you can then go up to the icon that looks like a gear, and one of the options there is blur spoiler. Highlight the word(s) you want blurred and select that option. For an example of how that will look, I will mention that steak is one of my favorite things to eat. Anyone who wants to see what was blurred simply clicks on the blurred word(s) and it reappears for them.