Male, get rid of Butt?

(aka Darius) #1

I’ve been dealing with a big booty for years and since starting the keto diet and so far losing 12 pounds, I am looking for other ways I can shrink my butt. It hinders me when searching for pants.
I look like an eggplant with legs.

I heard squating makes it worse, so what other choices do I have?

Thank you in advance for the help guys!

Info: Male, 27, 5’8 | SW:342 | CW: 330 | GW: 220

(Karen) #2

Some parts of your natural anatomy may be muscle. Did you have a disproportionately large buttocks as a 7 year old? If not, give it time. Fat comes off everywhere.

K

(icky) #3

Yeah. Give Keto time to do body-recomposition for you.

My body’s go-to area for fat storage is my thighs.

I’m getting lots of body-recomposition there now.

(Been on Keto for 11 weeks)

(Pete A) #4

Yes stick to the plan, and as you lose it will come off… sadly we can’t “spot lose” the fat!

(Chris Robertson) #5

I’ve got a big butt too. I have to buy jeans with a 36" waist even though my waist is only 30" just so I can zip my jeans up. The hard truth is that exercising a specific body part doesn’t just remove fat from that body part. If you want to get rid of belly fat working your abs won’t get rid of any more belly fat than jogging. If you want to shrink your but running and squats won’t shrink it any more than pullups. So at the end of the day you just have to eat healthy and reduce your overall body fat and eventually your butt will shrink.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #6

People pay good money for big butts these days.:joy:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

My butt has finally shrunk a bit. I recently noticed that I am no longer bumping into a cage near my bedroom door as I enter. The house is old and the floor a bit wonky, and if I wasn’t careful I would startle the poor chinchillas. Now I no longer have to worry!

What I have been finding is that the fat is vanishing in reverse order to how it appeared: belly fattened first, then butt, then arms, then legs, then chest, then face and neck. So my face thinned out first, and then my upper chest stopped looking like a pillow. Then I noticed my arms had thinned out, and recently my legs started looking more shapely again, and now my butt is smaller. I really hope to be losing the rest of this belly soon. It took years to put on all this weight, so I am reconciled to however long it takes to remove it.

(aka Darius) #8

Thank you everyone for the tips.

I’ve been doing OMAD 1/23 since the start of keto and somehow it worked out. I am hoping this will help me get rid of it!

I also fast I think? I don’t know if it’s what you call fasting but I eat at like 2PM in the afternoon and then the next day at like 8PM. Does that mean I fasted for 30 hours?

I’ve also been taking Collagen and Omega 3 pills to help with skin regeneration. That should do it, right?

lol, at least your humour isn’t lacking.

(aka Darius) #10

Humour is life!

Agreed! :rofl:

(Chris Robertson) #12

Yup, that is a 30hr fast. A lot of people only fast for 16hrs and it still counts as a fast. Anything over 24hrs is typically considered an extended fast and extended fasts are more beneficial than shorter ones but shouldn’t be done as often. If you do a 30hr fast 1 or 2 times a week that is enough. I like to restrict my eating window to 4hrs a day every day so I’m fasting for 20hrs every day. Then every couple weeks I’ll go on an extended fast for 2 to 3 days. In the last month and a half this fasting routine has helped me lose 36lbs.