Making coffee NOT boring..Any ideas?

(KCKO, KCFO) #21

Using those will make your triglycerides go very high. Please don’t use those.

Try adding a little shake of cinnamon and a dash of heavy cream or if stevia doesn’t give you BS issues, you can add a few drops of one of the many flavors liquid stevia comes in, chocolate is good for a mocha experience. Davinci sugar free coffee syrups come in a variety of flavors and they don’t effect my husband’s BS, so I keep some of that around the house, it is also good mixed into plain Greek yogurt.

(Kelly Silverman) #22

Ohhhh no!! I definitely didn’t know THAT… About the triglycerides! :hushed::hushed:
Thank you for letting me know!

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #23

If you mean weight loss - no. I have the opposite problem, keeping my weight up! If I miss my daily calorie target of 2800 by a couple hundred or so for a few days in a row I lose weight. I don’t want to do that.

(KCKO, KCFO) #24

Not for everyone, hwc (teaspoon per mug) never stalled me out. I tend to rotate between, black, coffee/hwc, coffee/cinnamon, coffee/flavored stevia, and I just found a keto powder that is supposed to be mixed with water for a chocolate shake that goes very well in a coffee, ultimate mocha experience.

I do fine with stevia, but not any other sugar substitutes. Everyone seems to vary a lot in that area.

(Kelly Silverman) #25

I have definitely noticed that @ everyone seems to vary a lot in different areas.

I have heard many people mention that heavy whip stalls them and I think I can honestly say…that may not be the case for me.

Whats the name of your keto powder? I wanted to look it up :grinning:

(KCKO, KCFO) #26

https://www.costco.com/Orgain-Keto-Collagen-Protein-Chocolate,-1.1-lbs.product.100487664.html

(Kelly Silverman) #28

Wow…thats pretty deep…dark and black like your soul.

(PSackmann) #29

Put some broken-up cinnamon sticks in the brew basket, add a dash or two of salt to the carafe to take care of bitterness. I also use a bit of dark cocoa powder in at least one cup each day. For special mornings, I add a few drops of peppermint extract along with the cocoa, HWC and coconut oil. Or you can use vanilla as well.

(Retta Stephenson) #30

If you want a touch of flavor and hint of sweetness (with or without HWC) you might try 2 or 3 drops of SweetLeaf Drops. I have several flavors. In coffee you could try the Chocolate, or Vanilla Creme, or English Toffee, or Hazelnut, or whichever you fancy. Seems expensive for 2 ounces, but they last a long time!

My coffee changes all the time, so never boring.

I am posting this recipe, somewhat reluctantly. Not sure how it will received, as it is slightly unorthodox or risky - given its contents. I figure, if Rocky can drink raw eggs…and stlll looks to be alive and in pretty good shape…this should be fine.
Liquid Chicken Latte
In a large, hand-blender friendly cup, add:
1-2 raw eggs
Liquid stevia - however many drops it takes to make you happy.
Butter or MCT oil - 1 or 2 TBS
HWC - you pick the amount
Give it a whirl with the hand blender, then pour hot coffee over it and blast it until its gets all frothy.
Enjoy.

The holiday version requires adding 2 TBS of pumpkin puree and a few dashes of pumpkin pie spice.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #32

Heavy whipping cream or half and half, dash of salt, sucralose drops, powdered ginger or cinnamon.

Sometimes I steep a chia latte tea bag in coffee.

Turn a hot coffee into an iced coffee or a blender drink (coffee smoothie).

Cocoa and hwc with pumpkin spice added to coffee.

coffee flavored whipped cream.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #33

Hmmmm, boring coffee ?

Well my coffee is never boring, but then again, I’m kind of a coffee freak.

I start out with some kind of premium coffee… Lately, Gevalia Dark Espresso Roast. Hit it with a nice shot of heavy cream, and 6 packets of Splenda… Oh, but my morning coffee is a 22oz mug, and I make it double strength… So it’s probably close to the equivalent a full pot.

Wait ! And I can’t believe I almost forgot ! Also a nice shot of pure vanilla extract ! I’m a huge vanilla freak too :slightly_smiling_face:

(Doug) #34

Making coffee NOT boring…Any ideas?

Not what you’re looking for, I’m pretty sure, Kelly, but consider coffee compared to its total absence.

At the moment I use an unsweetened vanilla almond milk in my coffee with a splash of full cream. Very nice.

(Charlotte) #36

I use sugar free torani… :flushed: I love the salted caramel flavor. Artificial sweeteners don’t affect my glucose so I add 1 tbsp in my morning coffee along with coconut oil and hwc.

(Kelly Silverman) #37

I LOVED the sugar-free syrup but I became scared of the surcalose after it gave me terrible gas :hushed::hushed:

But THAT was definitely the best coffee that I had experiments with… hands down. The Carmel one… like you said :raised_hands:

(Laurie) #38

Maybe NSFW, but either Jameson’s Irish Whiskey or Lemon Hart Original 1804 Demerara rum. Not a whole shot; just a few drops for flavor.

(KCKO, KCFO) #39

Different brands use different sugar free sweeteners. I use stevia flavors instead, since I know stevia gives me no issues.

In my earlier post I forgot to add almond and vanilla extract work too. Others have mentioned vanilla now, but I also like the almond extract.

('Jackie P') #40

I like a vanilla flavoured instant coffee (no carbs) with cream. I have put a vanilla pod in a jar of ordinary instant coffee, it’s too early to tell how it will compare but I’m hopeful!

(KCKO, KCFO) #41

You have to report back on this experiment. I am thinking it just might work. Let us know.