Making coffee NOT boring..Any ideas?

(Kelly Silverman) #11

I was waiting on a “Truthful” response about coffemate! LOL
Yes, I figured as much (long sigh)

Although nothing is wrong with HWC, it had just became sorta boring…ya know? I started putting the non flavored coffee mate in my coffee about two days ago when I saw them in the break room…I figured they’d break the monotony of what I’ve been doing for the past 6 months. :woman_shrugging:

I was hoping (PRAYING) someone would say it was harmless in small increments, but by you calling it “Poison” you’ve set me straight :sweat_smile::rofl:

(Kelly Silverman) #12

And YES, I too come from a flavord coffee mate/ International delight background! Once I decided to try Keto, I gave it up cold turkey and I havent had a surgery laced coffee creamer since!

So in my defense, I’ve just been trying to find avenues for how to jazz my coffee up a bit. I see ALLLLLL the new flavors that coffee mate has out now and I wish I could mimic them somehow :woman_facepalming:

(Kelly Silverman) #13

So it’s true that HWC really stalls you???
:thinking::thinking:

(Joey) #14

Well, in fairness, what I do with my morning coffee doesn’t exactly change its color but…

I put a teaspoon of Hershey’s 100% Cacao Chocolate (powder) in my otherwise black, unsweetened French Roast (freshly ground from whole beans) morning coffee. For me at least, it’s not boring at all. It’s DELICIOUS.

I guess I never really had a powerful “sweet tooth” even before this LCFH switchover (from HCLF), so maybe I’m not typical of many others who hang around here… but I find the mocha’ish combination of real coffee and real cacao is a delightful way to start the day.

Warning: If you still have a hankering for something sweet, this ain’t it :slight_smile:

[FYI: 1 teaspoon of the pure cacao powder does have about 1 g of carb, but 0.7 of it is fiber, so if net carbs is what’s important to you, it pretty much rounds to no net carbs of any significance. And cacao isn’t a bad thing to incorporate into your diet anyhow if you google around and see what’s in it.]

(Kelly Silverman) #15

I have some Hershey Cocoa powder… think I’ll try that with some heavy whip.

Now I do recall one time dropping some Lilly’s chocolate in my coffee with HWC and a dash of sea salt… delicious! Might get some chocolate this weekend :raised_hands:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #16

I cold brew my coffee and drink it hot. I make it a complete keto meal to my macros. The mix includes: coconut oil, ghee, MCT oil, whipping cream, ISOGold and AllMax whey powders. Also, 2 grams of my electrolyte mix. After mixing all the ingredients and adding the coffee I blend it at high speed for about 60 seconds. I love it! and look forward to it each and every morning. I’ve been preparing and drinking this almost daily for two years. The following makes 1 liter.

(Kelly Silverman) #17

Wow! That’s pretty detailed…nice chart!

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #18

I must confess to being a tracker and a weigher. :wink: When I couldn’t find exactly what I wanted in tracking software online, I made my own using an OO spreadsheet. I record every meal every day plus a summary for each day. I created the food database for it as well and add to that as I find and experiment with new food items.

(traci simpson) #19

Impressive.

(Kelly Silverman) #20

Let me ask you this…Have you ever felt that HWC stalled you?

(KCKO, KCFO) #21

Using those will make your triglycerides go very high. Please don’t use those.

Try adding a little shake of cinnamon and a dash of heavy cream or if stevia doesn’t give you BS issues, you can add a few drops of one of the many flavors liquid stevia comes in, chocolate is good for a mocha experience. Davinci sugar free coffee syrups come in a variety of flavors and they don’t effect my husband’s BS, so I keep some of that around the house, it is also good mixed into plain Greek yogurt.

(Kelly Silverman) #22

Ohhhh no!! I definitely didn’t know THAT… About the triglycerides! :hushed::hushed:
Thank you for letting me know!

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #23

If you mean weight loss - no. I have the opposite problem, keeping my weight up! If I miss my daily calorie target of 2800 by a couple hundred or so for a few days in a row I lose weight. I don’t want to do that.

(KCKO, KCFO) #24

Not for everyone, hwc (teaspoon per mug) never stalled me out. I tend to rotate between, black, coffee/hwc, coffee/cinnamon, coffee/flavored stevia, and I just found a keto powder that is supposed to be mixed with water for a chocolate shake that goes very well in a coffee, ultimate mocha experience.

I do fine with stevia, but not any other sugar substitutes. Everyone seems to vary a lot in that area.

(Kelly Silverman) #25

I have definitely noticed that @ everyone seems to vary a lot in different areas.

I have heard many people mention that heavy whip stalls them and I think I can honestly say…that may not be the case for me.

Whats the name of your keto powder? I wanted to look it up :grinning:

(KCKO, KCFO) #26

https://www.costco.com/Orgain-Keto-Collagen-Protein-Chocolate,-1.1-lbs.product.100487664.html

(Kelly Silverman) #28

Wow…thats pretty deep…dark and black like your soul.

(PSackmann) #29

Put some broken-up cinnamon sticks in the brew basket, add a dash or two of salt to the carafe to take care of bitterness. I also use a bit of dark cocoa powder in at least one cup each day. For special mornings, I add a few drops of peppermint extract along with the cocoa, HWC and coconut oil. Or you can use vanilla as well.

(Retta Stephenson) #30

If you want a touch of flavor and hint of sweetness (with or without HWC) you might try 2 or 3 drops of SweetLeaf Drops. I have several flavors. In coffee you could try the Chocolate, or Vanilla Creme, or English Toffee, or Hazelnut, or whichever you fancy. Seems expensive for 2 ounces, but they last a long time!

My coffee changes all the time, so never boring.

I am posting this recipe, somewhat reluctantly. Not sure how it will received, as it is slightly unorthodox or risky - given its contents. I figure, if Rocky can drink raw eggs…and stlll looks to be alive and in pretty good shape…this should be fine.
Liquid Chicken Latte
In a large, hand-blender friendly cup, add:
1-2 raw eggs
Liquid stevia - however many drops it takes to make you happy.
Butter or MCT oil - 1 or 2 TBS
HWC - you pick the amount
Give it a whirl with the hand blender, then pour hot coffee over it and blast it until its gets all frothy.
Enjoy.

The holiday version requires adding 2 TBS of pumpkin puree and a few dashes of pumpkin pie spice.