Magnesium & Potassium Supplement?

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #1

I can’t seem to find any multivitamins that include both Magnesium and Potassium.
Can anyone suggest a product that includes both?
I had a look at the supermarket and there was no straight potassium supplements.
I’m such a total noob with supplements and I have no idea what I am doing.

Would it be better just to take a multivitamin which includes magnesium but find potassium from another source?

Argh, please help.

(Ron) #2

Here in the US we have a salt mixture called Morton Lite Salt, I think over there I read you have something like it called Diet Rite Lite Salt (get it at Woolworths). It is half salt and half potassium and will do the trick, just don’t overdue it.
I would suggest making Ketoaid and supplementing that way.

I buy all my supplements from Amazon. And I make sure they are a reputable brand, and in the doses that I require. If possible (such as Vit K and Vit C) I go for ‘natural source’.

Of course the trick is to work out which brands are actually ‘reputable’ and not scam merchants. So many are. My basic criteria involve glass packaging, preferably brown glass, and a brand that offers a good range of products, not just one trendy ‘money earner’.

Can’t see the point of cheap multi vits and mins. They are usually synthetic vits with much less bioavailability, so you either don’t absorb them properly, or you need bigger doses to get the same benefit. Also watch out for the type of the vitamin. MAny, like Magnesium, C, E and K come in all sorts of different varieties. No point in spending good money on something that won’t be absorbed, and won’t do what you think you are paying for. Or - worse - causes stomach upset and diarrhoea, as some of the Magnesiums may do.

Yes! It IS a minefield! :grinning:

(Allie) #4

Generally multivitamins are crap so better to supplement just mag & pot.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #5

Thanks for the replies :slight_smile:

(Jeanne Wagner) #7

I take Calm + Calcium. It’s powdered. I have the non-flavored kind. I just put it in water and drink it down. It has a bitey taste to it, but i’m used to it now. I just drink it down knowing it keeps my heart palpitations to a minimum. What a difference it has made! Hope you find something you like. :slight_smile: