Made it through the week

(Marc SW129.4 SD07/19) #1

Hello all

I started Keto 10 weeks ago and I’m seeing pretty good results down from 129.4kg to 118kg. One of my problems was that I was still drinking some evenings and this would throw me out of ketosis. I’d experience weight gain for the next 2-3 days and then slowly start loosing again. I always made sure to drink straight alcohol or mix with zero coke but this didn’t work for me. Last weekend I joined stopdrinking over on reddit and made the pledge to stop for 24h and I continued to make the pledge all week long.

Tonight I had a social dinner where everyone was drinking and I was able to not drink with them. Additionally I used to secretly drink afterwards at home alone and tonight even though the cravings were killing me I was able to resist the temptation and not drink tonight.

When I wake up tomorrow I’ll officially be alcohol free for 1 week a first for me in years.

(Ellen ) #2

This also happened to me Marc. I’ve been for almost 4 months. Haven’t drank in about 2 months. Not because I made a concious choice. All of a sudden I didn’t want alcohol. I love beer but just don’t feel like it anymore. In retrospect I can see that I was drinking too much. If in the end keto only fixes that part of my life then I feel I’ve won. Of course the selfish part of me wants more! I can’t wait to see what else this WOE has to offer. Good luck Marc and congrats. It’s a high accomplishment!!!

(Ellen ) #3

I’ve been keto 4 months

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #4

Congratulations Mark. Having control over our impulses is very rewarding. Keep it up!

('Jackie P') #5

That’s brilliant! Stay with us and let us know how you get on. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #6

Good plan, Mark! Day by day. If and when you occasionally get knocked down, get back up again and continue day by day. Winners never quit (per Vince Lombardi, and he ought to know).

(Susan) #7

You are doing great, Marc, resisting temptations is a victory, for sure =).

(Marianne) #8

Fab! This will accelerate your weight loss, as an added benefit.

Congratulations on your NSVs and weight loss!

(Marc SW129.4 SD07/19) #9

It was easier tonight 1 week in the books! going to make it 8 days tomorrow

(Susan) #10

Well done, Marc!! HIgh-five!!

(April Harkness) #11

Congrats! My boyfriend is currently over one year sober!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #12

Keep being awesome Marc! :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::cowboy_hat_face: