Made it half way

(Brian) #1

Just wanted to share…

I made it half way to my goal!

Got on the scale this morning and I’ve lost exactly 45 pounds. My goal, when I started a few months ago, was to lose 90 pounds. I started at 285 pounds and wanted to end up at 195 pounds.

When I first started this way of eating, I was pretty aware of every little thing I was eating. I spent quite a lot of time figuring out the good stuff and the bad stuff. But over the past month or two, I’ve learned to relax a lot more. The foods that I know are good to eat have become more like “eating habits” and those are what I generally stick to. I still avoid the bad stuff. Mostly, I just don’t buy it at the grocery store. What I buy, I eat. What I eat, I buy. When we eat out, I’m mindful of what’s in stuff, and though I know I get more carbs when we’re out, I try to make selections to minimize them. It’s not that hard, and I still eat quite well.

195 pounds is just a loose target area. That’s about the last weight I remember from close to 20 years ago when I felt good. If I get to that area and feel like the target isn’t quite in the right place, I’ll adjust from there. I suspect most “charts” would still have that as a bit heavy for me but I’d rather let my body decide where it wants to be than a chart on the internet.

So that’s the update from here. I’ve been busy with many other things in life so haven’t been around as much. Just bought a new house and getting moved in is quite the process. (Does furniture moving count as exercise? LOL!) But I’m doing like the moto here says… I’m “Keeping Calm and Keto(ing) On!”

All the best to my keto friends here. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving holiday! There’s a 19 pound bird thawing in our refrigerator as I type this and I’m lookin’ forward to some good eats… and some good leftovers, too! :smiley:

(matt ) #2

Well done!!

(Ellen) #3

That’s great going :laughing: and moving definitely counts as exercise!