Ma Hair!

(karen) #1

Ala George Clooney in Oh Brother Where Art Thou. Ma Hair, Ma Hair!

I may become a Dapper Dan Ma’am …

Anyway, so I was very successful at keto, IF and EF, and I think I overdid it. I had hair nearly to my bra strap, and everything more than about a year old fell out, leaving me with really really thin hair to the base of my neck. I got a wig because it was so startling, then dyed my remaining hair to match the wig.

I decided to go natural, and now I’ve got about 1.5" of comparatively thick, full salt n pepper hair (thank goodness) - and about 3" of faded orange dandelion fluff that wants to stand out like a corona. It would be horrifying if I wasn’t wearing the wig, I think I look a bit like Beetlejuice. But I realized that I’ve basically been “doing something” to my hair since puberty, and this virgin hair is totally different! It’s not damaged/dyed/permed/bleached, which means it’s thicker, it’s growing in quite full, and it doesn’t want to lie down or go in one direction. At 55 it’s like i had a hair transplant, and I have no idea what to do with this cowlicky, disobedient new hair.

I guess I’m asking: if anyone else has had this experience. If not, has anyone shaved their head and gone natural after that, and was your hair the same or was it sort of … surprising? Will it stop doing this when it gets longer or am I going to live with a Mature Haircut from now on? … after 55 years of long hair with shattered bangs covering my eyebrows, this is Really … really, really, new. :roll_eyes:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

If you cut it short it will have a more normal density sooner. Might take a year at the longer length to be the same density as it was.

(Bunny) #3

See this problem quite often; you could experiment with binding keratin and collagen with vitamin C from mild peppers (not pills) and trying bone broth fasting with a little organic sulfur (not pills) but the kind that comes in a clear plastic bag, did more info on this post here:

(Carl Keller) #4

Hello Karen. Anyone ever tell you that you have a striking resemblance to Jamie Lee Curtis? I swear I thought she was you when I saw your photo.

Anyway, it’s most likely that keto triggered your hair loss. Any drastic dietary change can lead to hair loss but it’s just a temporary thing. Your body should adjust and start replacing follicles as soon as you lose them.

(Bunny) #5

I thought the same thing …lol

(karen) #6

No no, that IS Jamie Lee Curtis. As I said, I resemble Beetlejuice. :rofl: I just wanted to put in a picture of what my haircut is apparently going to look like from now on, which is pretty drastic change from 20".

It’s nice though :slightly_smiling_face:

(karen) #8

Just wanted to say I took the plunge and got a haircut last night (first professional haircut in maybe 18 years). It’s never been short, since I was a baby. And … I love it!!! It’s soooooo new to me, so simple, and it’s so much better than it was. Ladies, if you’ve never had short hair you have no idea. No more fuss, no more checking in the mirror and hourly combing, and I can throw out a tote box full of products and devices. I actually do look a lot like JLC now. But for the record, the weird swirls and cowlicks I never had before are still here. (They just look interesting and cute now.) Not sure if it’s keto or just that it’s virgin hair, but it’s going where it wants!