Lowest hbA1c EVER!

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #1

I recently had some labs drawn to get a baseline before I start Fasting February. I had my hbA1c drawn while I was there. It came back at 4.4%. This is the lowest hbA1c I’ve ever had recorded. This is actually on the lower end of normal and nowhere near the diabetic state. Considering I used to be on 120 units of long acting insulin each day, and had an hbA1c as high as 10.7%, I think this is pretty frickin awesome!

The timing is pretty good too, because I’ve been an an 8 week stall bouncing between 262 and 270 pounds for the last two months. This should help motivate me to continue on, not that I was really considering otherwise. Although I was getting frustrated at the lack of progress.

(Heather Miller) #2

This is amazing. See, you have made lots of progress, it was just healing on the inside rather than where we can measure with a tape or scale! I think we sometimes forget that this internal healing is even more important and very necessary.

(Bud Zimmerman) #3

Congratulations! Keep it up and stop looking at it as a stall. The work you’ve done allowed you to successfully get to where you are now. It may just be that your body reached stasis for what you are currently doing. Change a few things and see if you can find a new success point. (A little more/less fat, a little more/less carbs, etc.)

(Renee Slaughter) #4

Great job on your A1C. We all know we plateau at times. Shake it up. As we get healthy the weight comes off. Did you happen to get a fasting insulin test?

(Jeanne Wagner) #5

Agreed. It’s the most important thing…it will prevent the contraction of diseases/conditions/sydromes later on in life. It’s all becoming so clear now why the majority of people who have been thin all their lives still get sick, like disease-sick, at some point but it seems usually later in life. They weren’t all that healthy but mainstream medicine thinks they are. Not when you develop osteoporosis… that is a big indicator of the body eating itself to get calcium. A super thin lady at work had that diagnosis a few years ago. She is hypoglycemic. She needs Keto!!

That is awesome!! Great job!! :grinning:

I was thinking about starting Metformin to lower my Hba1c and reduce my insulin secretion.

Do you happen to take it?

Thanks.

(Richard Hanson) #7

It is awesome. Congratulations!

Keto for Life!

Best Regards,
Richard

(Mel Soule) #8

@jdsomsky Well done JD, very well done. 58% drop is a great accomplishment and leaving the insulin behind to boot.

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #9

I’ve been on Metformin for years. Thus far I have not lowered my dose and am still taking the same amount I’ve always taken. Of all of the diabetes medications, Metformin seems to have the most positives with the least negative side effects. So I’m not in a rush to stop taking it.