Low protein meals?

fat
recipe

(What The Fast?!) #1

Hi all! I’m trying to keep my protein at 50g (per my LBM) and finding it difficult. My typical breakfast ends up being around 20g of protein, and dinner around 25 or 30…I’m not currently doing any kind of fast, which means I’d like to eat lunch, but have few protein g’s left…any thoughts on filling meals that are mainly fat?

(eat more) #2

having smaller protein portions easier for me than trying to have an “all fat” meal

last night my stuffed artichokes were only about 2oz of ground beef…“before” i would have 4-5oz of ground beef at a meal

if you’re doing dairy you can make pepperoni/bacon/cream cheese balls

edit: just being nosy…which multiplier are you using for protein? .8-1g/pound? 1-2g/kg?

(What The Fast?!) #3

1g per 1kg of lean body mass. I weigh about 65kg, 26% BF (I think…getting a Bod Pod test soon), so around 50kg LBM.
Thanks - I LOVE eggs, so I usually have two eggs with a slice of bacon for breakfast…add a little cheese and I’m quickly at 20g protein. I also try to keep total carbs as low as possible, so I keep recipes simple and as close to ZC as possible!

(Richard Morris) #4

It’s a challenge. I went for almost 2 months on around 67g and that wasn’t easy at the beginning. But I got used to it. I ended up adding more (fatty) sauce and less meat and was able to get there.

(eat more) #5

flip it and have two slices of bacon and one egg?
you still get the yum :blush:

your protein might be lower than necessary…for right now…i swear it will naturally lower the farther along you get :blush:

(What The Fast?!) #6

I think I need to get different bacon. The one I get is thick cut.

On second thought, I’m going to try and not stress about macros. I’m just going to focus on moderate protein and lots of fat so that I can (finally) get fat adapted! So far ketones only read 0.4. But - I’m still healing from those 2nd degree burns (I posted about this in another thread - I burned myself badly with hot water) and may need more protein (and overall calories) to help the healing as well. I think the stress of trying to hit macros may be causing more cortisol spikes than it’s worth!

Thanks @richard and @mikki

(eat more) #7

i get thick center cut and it’s gooood and more fat :blush:

yes…as a recovering macro hitter…yes! :joy:

(i still track because i’m nosy but i don’t stress)

(Bacon for the Win) #8

yeah, you probably can use some extra protein to repair cells damaged by the burns. I would definitely not stress too much about macros right now and get fat adapted. Good plan.

(John) #9

Avocado and coffee are my go to’s, I can spike the latter with all kinds of fat in HWC, MCT oil and butter. My mornings are usually huge fat , then about equal with protein later in the day.