Lost 54 pounds and only one dress size?!

I might have to switch to total carbs. I think the broccoli is sneaking in more than I realize.

I’ve seen it…and cringed. I can’t imagine drinking salty water. The best I can manage is to sprinkle like 1/8 tsp on my hand, lick it up, gag, and wash it down with water. I might do that twice a day, at best. I’m using the Lite salt that has potassium and I already take a mag supplement, so there’s that at least.

I do have a low carb protein powder. I keep forgetting I have it. I’m trying for about 60g of protein. I never, well hardly ever, get enough.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #96

It’s actually not that bad, considering the ¼ teaspoon of salt is mixed with 24-32oz of water. It’s best to mix it and then let it sit for 10 minutes or so to fully dissolve

Bleecccchhhh, LOL

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #98

Give it a try. I’ve found the magnesium citrate makes it not seem salty at all. I like the lemon-lime flavor. Just use like ½ a teaspoon of it. You don’t want to use too much (the liquid stuff will cleanse your bowel of you drink too much)

(Karim Wassef) #99

Most weight lost or gained is just water and food… the scale is meaningless. Here’s mine over the last few months of extended and cyclic fasting:

Gained 11lb in one day and lost 10lb another day… meaningless

Here’s my DEXA and RMR that actually has some useful info:

I’ve got a bottle of magnesium malate capsules. I take it separately at night, so no lemon-lime for me.

(Libby) #101

I also cannot bear the idea of drinking salt water. I got a “refill” bottle of the pink himalayan salt chunks that one is supposed to put in a fancy salt grinder. It makes the salt easier to take if they are in chunks. Just swallow like little pills. Not too much at one time, though.

They’re not scratchy when you swallow them?

He certainly looks collie to me.
I hope you got the sensible side of at least one of the breeds. They can both be dizzy and dippy, so if you got that side of the collie and the springer, heaven help you!
Bet he takes some exercise and entertaining. Both breeds get bored easily.
He’s beautiful though :smiley:

(Libby) #104

Nope, I don’t think so. I mean, they are gone soon enough!

I took too much one day, though, and really regretted it. My stomach wasn’t having it at all. So just a few, like, 10 or 15 little salt pieces.

(Ashley) #105

He got no sensible side lol, super smart tho, really hyper. I run him down our trail a few miles a day or he’s super sad!

Oh yes, super, super smart.
Spaniels and collies both make good pets, but people tend to forget that, as working dogs, they were bred for stamina and intelligence.
Got to use up the energy but also give them something to think about.
That’s why people do agility, obedience, search and even ‘dancing’ with them. A bored dog can be destructive, these activities help stop this. A really long walk, especially if they can run off lead, also works wonders.
I’m so glad I don’t have a dog. I love them, just know that, at the moment, I’m not up to looking after one properly - I just wouldn’t take it out enough. The cats are more than enough work :wink:

I still think you women need to rebel against jean designers, because women’s “pockets” are a crime, obviously a conspiracy between clothes designers and purse makers.

(Ashley) #108

I don’t do jeans much as my skin always breaks out from them! But I do prefer men’s track pants. Not as noticeable that they are men’s but the pockets are bigger and I do like that! Also hate that a lot of women’s sweats don’t typically have pockets. I’m not a purse carrier but I still would like pockets for my phone etc.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #109

I am the landscaper for my mobilehome park. I get holes in my t-shirts on a regular basis. Every season - three new Target t-shirts. Only three. If I get outrageously lucky with the money - two American Eagle Jeans.

(Jane- Old Inky Crone) #110

I agree 1000%. I’ve been rebelling against the gender discrimination of pants design for years. I also wear mostly men’s pants or I search for women’s that have actual pockets. There are some to be found occasionally.

(Karim Wassef) #111

go to 1hr:22min in to see the visceral fat

(Ashley) #112

His runs are off leash! He also has chews and puzzle toys. We play catch all day. He has digging boxes and a kiddie pool loads of toys and balls and chews! We also have a fenced in back yard so he can go in and out all day!

Sounds like a wonderful life for a dog like him.
Just wish every high energy dog had people like you to look after them!