Losing inches faster than weight

(Karen ) #1

Hello all,

I’ve been on Keto for almost 6 weeks. I have lost 5.2 pounds. My clothes are really getting loose. I look like I lost more than 5 pounds which is great! I’m really feeling good now! All your comments have really been encouraging to me! Thank you!

(Joey) #2

@Keto2019 Greetings Karen and congratulations on your new approach to eating. Being another relative newbie at 8+ weeks I can already see there are too many health benefits to cram into a single reply.

Although as a “data geek” I take lots of measurements and keep detailed logs of what’s going on since making the keto switch, I’ve found that my weight is actually one of the least interesting (or relevant). Inches around the waist is one of the most visibly noticeable (and reinforcing external evidence that something healthy is going on). Enjoy what is now becoming your “new shape.”

But honestly, in addition to feeling like a whole new you, it’s the biomarkers and internal health that will become the greatest gift you’re giving yourself over the long run. Best wishes!

(Susan) #3

This is awesome, Karen. Congrats on the weight loss and the clothes being loose. Best wishes with the rest of your Keto lifestyle =).

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

:fireworks: :+1: :bacon::bacon: :fireworks:

(Marianne) #5

Excellent; so glad you are feeling good and encouraged. I love keto.

The scale is meaningless to me now. I weighed myself the day I started and now only know my weight when I happen to have a doctor’s appointment. I can’t imagine the anxiety of weighing myself once a week or more. It’s all about how I look and feel. I know I am doing great and that is enough for me. My body has resculpted itself in so many great ways. I am losing fat where I never did before (sides of my knees!, back fat, etc. - wonderful!).

Good luck; please keep us posted.