Looking for advice to get an air fryer

(charlie3) #1

I’ve watched some yt videos and surfed amazon for air fryers. The users seem to be mostly raving about them. I live alone, cook for myself. I’m not getting enough fresh meat, not getting hot meals. I work long hours, long commute, always pressed for time between food preperation, eating, and exercise. Anyone here have one of these and have suggestions? Am I going to get along with one of the cheaper ones or should I pay the money and get a fancier one? Can I live with a small one or do I want to go bigger. Currently I do most of the food prep for the week on weekends including all my lunch food ready to grab and go in the morning. I do not have much time for food prep during the week if I also want exercise and sleep.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

(Jane Hull) #2

I don’t know about the small basket style ones. I have a Power Air Fryer Oven. I really love it. I can cook 8 chicken thighs at once and the skin gets nice and crispy. It has a rotisserie that works well for sausages and a rotisserie basket that is perfect for vegetables. I use this thing all the time. I have the 8 qt one and it’s pretty big. I happen to have a spot for it. I don’t know how I would feel if I had to dig it out of a cabinet all the time.

(Running from stupidity) #3

This is unlikely to help the OP, but for any Aussies reading this - pretty much everyone down here says to get the $70 one from K-Mart. I’m about to get one myself, now I’ve pretty much convinced myself it’s worth having ANOTHER thing in a very small kitchen.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #4

Oh. My friend. You are missing out. I got the one from Target as the rest were sold out and I cannot fault mine. It’s so good. I just need to get more creative with my food choices!

(Running from stupidity) #5

Very small kitchen :slight_smile:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #6

Smaller than mine? :stuck_out_tongue:

(Running from stupidity) #7

Yes :slight_smile: